Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Posting shots on FM

capt don
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Posting shots on FM

How do you get larger size shots to appear on the fm site. I reduce to usually 740 x 480 and my postings appear as smaller shots than others posting on the site. I'm obviously doing something wrong and need some advice. If I make it larger than 740 x 480 the site says "too big" try again.
thanks capt don

Apr 06, 2013 at 10:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Posting shots on FM

It's probably a file size issue. I normally post at 800x600, or so. Sometimes, I have to reduce the jpg 'quality', in order to get it accepted.

Apr 06, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Posting shots on FM

If you get that message when you try to post one, you have two choices: Either save it as a smaller file (either by reducing the pixel dimensions or the JPEG quality), or upload it to some web site like flickr, zenfolio, etc. If you paste the location of the image file into your post, instead of doing a direct upload, that file size limitation isn't there. I usually make them 900 pixels on the long dimension, and that often, even usually, results in a file too big to embed directly.

If that's not clear, ask; there are many members besides me who can explain further...

Apr 06, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Posting shots on FM

I see your website is a SmugMug site. Log in and go to the galleary your image is in….the upper right hand corner, to the left of the “slideshow” button is the “Owner Share” button.

Click on it…then “get a link” button, and pick XLarge… copy that link and paste it directly into you post… that should work and be the correct size…

Jefferson

Apr 07, 2013 at 01:50 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password