New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lowepro Vertex 100 AW

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lowepro Vertex 100 AW

Anyone using this backpack? I just ordered one from Amazon. Is it deep enough to have a pro body with an L-Bracket attached in?

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:57 AM
nma
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lowepro Vertex 100 AW

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Anyone using this backpack? I just ordered one from Amazon. Is it deep enough to have a pro body with an L-Bracket attached in?

I am not sure if you are asking the most pertinent question. My experience with these Lowepro backpacks is that they are camera cases with straps, not backpacks. I would look for a backpack with an internal metal frame and real backpack construction for hip and should harness. Maybe look at F-stop packs?

Apr 11, 2013 at 08:11 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lowepro Vertex 100 AW

nma wrote:
I am not sure if you are asking the most pertinent question. My experience with these Lowepro backpacks is that they are camera cases with straps, not backpacks. I would look for a backpack with an internal metal frame and real backpack construction for hip and should harness. Maybe look at F-stop packs?

Why would I buy a F-stop backpack with metal frame and real backpack construction This is the smallest Vertex backpack that I like to have for a walk in my city with one camera and a couple of lenses. I already own many other backpacks where a couple of those are better suited for trekking and similar stuff.

(IMO) A metal frame and real backpack construction for hip and should harness on a very small backpack like this one. For using it in my city when taking a walk. It would be really crazy

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM
nma
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lowepro Vertex 100 AW

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Why would I buy a F-stop backpack with metal frame and real backpack construction This is the smallest Vertex backpack that I like to have for a walk in my city with one camera and a couple of lenses. I already own many other backpacks where a couple of those are better suited for trekking and similar stuff.

(IMO) A metal frame and real backpack construction for hip and should harness on a very small backpack like this one. For using it in my city when taking a walk. It would be really crazy

Really crazy!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RiSj7LU0L.jpg

This "very small" backpack is pictured with two bodies, one with a telephoto attached, as well as 4 other lens and a flash + etc.

Put that stuff in this backpack and try walking around for a few hours, then you will understand crazy!

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lowepro Vertex 100 AW

It's the smallest Vertex backpack like I wrote. And I got it today. No way that I can get two of my Canon bodies and those lenses inside it. I also wrote that I will use it for one body and two lenses.
I can't really see why you are arguing I have absolutely no interest in buying a F-stop backpack with metal frame & real backpack construction for hip and should harness. Explain why I should have that when taking a short walk in my city center with one camera and two lenses.
And I also told you before in my reply that I already have many backpacks (8). And a couple of those are built for real trekking.

My question in this thread was :Is it deep enough to have a pro body with an L-Bracket attached in?
Your answer was: Buy an F-stop backpack because it has metal frame!!!!

Apr 11, 2013 at 01:10 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.