Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              6       7       end

New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

JulianDeLaRosa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

This isn't a fair test. What about XQD cards?

Apr 24, 2013 at 03:04 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

JulianDeLaRosa wrote:
This isn't a fair test. What about XQD cards?

XQD cards in a CF card speed test
XQD cards in a 1DX body

Apr 25, 2013 at 06:11 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Updated with new cards.

Apr 30, 2013 at 02:22 PM
sperraglia
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Lars, I just got my transcend 1000x 64gb cards back from my buddy who borrowed them but I see you beat me to test with the 1dx! Thank you and looks like I should stick with the 600x not much difference. Cheers, Sallie Jo

May 01, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Thanks anyway Sallie Jo.
Maybe they will stop producing and selling the 600x cards. It seems like that where I buy most of my cards at Amazon.uk and Amazon.de
I will get a Lexar 128GB 1000x cards later.

May 01, 2013 at 05:52 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Today I tested it with the Lexar 128 GB 1000x UDMA 7 card. The fastest card yet. But a very small difference between this one and the fastest Transcend 1000x card

May 08, 2013 at 03:40 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Today I tested it with the Lexar 128 GB 1000x UDMA 7 card. The fastest card yet. But a very small difference between this one and the fastest Transcend 1000x card

For that small a difference I will stick with the cheaper Transcend 1000x card! Thanks for the update.

May 08, 2013 at 04:45 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

again this is a very Canon, as in 1DX, specific test and for some strange reason its in the general gear category. it should be moved to the Canon area as it is in no way a "general gear Talk" subject

May 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

sjms wrote:
again this is a very Canon, as in 1DX, specific test and for some strange reason its in the general gear category. it should be moved to the Canon area as it is in no way a "general gear Talk" subject

I think we heard you sjms just choosing to ignore you. I have Nikon buddies who found the results interesting and are trying the cards in a variety of Nikon cameras to see how they compare. You know if you can't see the benefit you can choose to ignore the post, just a thought.

May 08, 2013 at 11:38 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

really now?

May 09, 2013 at 01:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sperraglia
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

sjms wrote:
really now?

really

May 09, 2013 at 01:52 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

sperraglia wrote:
I think we heard you sjms just choosing to ignore you. I have Nikon buddies who found the results interesting and are trying the cards in a variety of Nikon cameras to see how they compare. You know if you can't see the benefit you can choose to ignore the post, just a thought.

+1

May 09, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Thanks for the test. The Lexar 1000x was the card I have been waiting for. And now seing the small difference in speed against the Transcend. I Think that I will keep on using Transcend cards

May 09, 2013 at 05:44 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

sjms wrote:
really now?

sperraglia wrote:
really

Seriously? There are so many threads completely out of place in the Canon/Nikon forums, it is ridiculous. This one is marginal if not just fine.

EBH

May 09, 2013 at 12:12 PM
RichFisher
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Just purchased a 1Dx and have tested with my Lexar 1000x and Extreme Pro cards. Similar to give similar burst rates.

I was looking at the Lexar 800x cards which are about 1/2 the price of the 1000x cards.

How do they compare? Would like to save the $ if I can get similar performance without the cost.

May 09, 2013 at 07:07 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

RichFisher wrote:
Just purchased a 1Dx and have tested with my Lexar 1000x and Extreme Pro cards. Similar to give similar burst rates.

I was looking at the Lexar 800x cards which are about 1/2 the price of the 1000x cards.

How do they compare? Would like to save the $ if I can get similar performance without the cost.

The Lexar 800x don't write as fast as the Lexar 1000x card. And that's the reason it cost less than half the price

May 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

sjms wrote:

Give it a break. Obviously a lot of people are getting value out of this post. Why don't you just ignore the thread if it bothers you so much and let the rest of us enjoy.

You must have been the kid who always separated your smarties into same colored piles.

May 10, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

chez wrote:
Give it a break. Obviously a lot of people are getting value out of this post. Why don't you just ignore the thread if it bothers you so much and let the rest of us enjoy.

You must have been the kid who always separated your smarties into same colored piles.

+1

May 12, 2013 at 07:15 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

Lars, any new cards to try with the 1DX?

Jul 19, 2013 at 05:44 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · New CF card speed test 1DX Updated

rscheffler wrote:
Lars, any new cards to try with the 1DX?

No new cards, only the ones in my speed test list in my first post here. I updated it 1 month ago. Transcend and Lexar are the best and fastest (IMO). If you don't need the fastest you have the Transcend 400x and Lexar 800x/ Lexar 400x cards. Those are great value.

Jul 19, 2013 at 06:28 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password