Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

troy bilt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Will anyone be shooting the Warblers at Magee Marsh in Northern Ohio this year? I have made many friends at Magee over the years. I look forward to seeing the folks that I only get to see once a year. If you would like any info on Magee Marsh give me a PM, I will do my best to help. Here are a few shot I have got over the years to push you toward the long drive

Please post any Warbler shot that you have, and thanks for your time.

Edited on Apr 05, 2013 at 01:40 PM · View previous versions

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Cincy Bruce
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Troy, you need to fix the links on all but the first shot. I will be there. Here is my feeble offering.

Prothonatory Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Bruce

Apr 05, 2013 at 11:47 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Beauties Troy. Some real pretty birds in the mix. There are a few I cannot view. Wonder if it is my end, of if the links just don't work.

Apr 05, 2013 at 12:23 PM
DonGut
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

I can only get #1 Troy. Bruce posted a couple nice warblers also. Don

Apr 05, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

I will be there buddy, had fun with ya last time, too bad Larry will be there

Tuesdays are my days off, likely to sneak in a Thursday the first week of May too. Second week will be a Tuesday again............

Sundays I will try a much less congested area

Karl

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:00 PM
JJBub
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Hi Troy and all,

Haven't been on N&W for a good while. Where does the time go?

Troy - can only see your first two photos --- they are super. Love the tanager.

I'll be at Magee from May 8 - 12. Three friends from here will be up some of those days. Will undoubtedly run into you if those days match yours. Can't wait!!! Hope to see you too Karl.

Cris

Apr 09, 2013 at 05:39 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

I always look forward to your migrating warblers Troy. The first two are a treat for the eyes. Unfortunately the rest don't show up I would love to join you but I can't make it. Good luck out there!!

Tim

Apr 09, 2013 at 02:11 PM
troy bilt
• •
p.1 #8 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

I checked out Magee 2 days ago. It is looking good so far this year. The trees, and bushes have for the most part just started to bud out. The mustard weed ( I think thats the name ) in not up yet. There was a few birds along the boardwalk. A Hooded Warbler was a crowd please. I did not stay very long, just stop in quick to check out the leave situation.

Hope to see lots of old friends that I only see once a year, and to make a few more. Oh and a few good shots may help also.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Cincy Bruce
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

I just read there is a pair of eagles nesting near the boardwalk. Right now they don't see any reason to close the boardwalk. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bruce

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM
JJBub
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Bruce --- hadn't heard that. Sure hope the boardwalk isn't closed. Fingers crossed!

Apr 24, 2013 at 01:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Cincy Bruce
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

JJBub wrote:
Bruce --- hadn't heard that. Sure hope the boardwalk isn't closed. Fingers crossed!

I did some checking on this. The area of boardwalk behind the Sportsmen Migratory Bird Center is closed due to nesting eagles. The main boardwalk is unaffected by this. I will be there the whole second week of May. I will be spending some time at Pickeral Creek to watch the eagles fish from Sandusky Bay.

Bruce

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
JJBub
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate you passing that info along. I'll be there May 8-12. I'll send you my contact info in a PM.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

I plan to be there on 4/27 and 4/28. Hope to meet some FMers. It a bummer that i cant stay longer

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:54 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Great set

Morris

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM
troy bilt
• •
p.1 #15 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Spent 1/2 a day at Magee. Things are still a bit slow. There are very few leaves out. I did get good opportunities to shoot Blue-headed Vireo, and the White-eyed Vireo. I did not take advantage of such opportunity.

Bruce is right there is an big nest, or start of one right off the West entrance of the boardwalk. Today is the 1st time I have noticed it. From what I seen, and hear they started a nest but are not using it. The eagles where seen on the nest this morning not by me.

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:13 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Karl Witt wrote:
I will be there buddy, had fun with ya last time, too bad Larry will be there

Tuesdays are my days off, likely to sneak in a Thursday the first week of May too. Second week will be a Tuesday again............

Sundays I will try a much less congested area

Karl

Yep, you betcha, I'll be there in 6 days to harass you Witt, that's about as much fun as photographing the Warblers.

See you soon Troy.

Larry

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:10 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Bruce,

I checked out the nesting place near the boardwalk but they seemed empty. There were a few people from the Observatory who said the BE pair were out feeding. I asked about the closure and they said they will be posting a Don't distress sign board near there but not close it.

Shreeni

Apr 28, 2013 at 01:24 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Troy:
I plan to be trekking up there the first or second week of May, Haven't tied down the exact date yet.
Douglas

Apr 28, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Howard Kearley
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Warblers at Magee Marsh

Great set on the little guys

Howard

Apr 28, 2013 at 06:15 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password