Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Anyone bought or used the new Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC?

MRM4
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone bought or used the new Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC?

Bump to see if anyone has bought this lens for FX camera. There are no used ones out there. So I don't know if that means it's good enough for people to hold on to it or just not many people are buying it.

Jun 12, 2013 at 08:37 PM
edl415
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone bought or used the new Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC?

I saw a hobbyist shooting one on a D600 at a cycling event last weekend. First time I've seen one out and about. Didn't get a chance to ask him about it.

Based on my experience with the last Tamron 70-200 I'd rather pay a little extra for the Nikon version, simply because the resale on Nikon lenses is much better. Sure - it may cost $500 more up-front, but you'll come out ahead down the road. So if the Nikon represents a lower true cost of ownership it's a no brainer, assuming you can afford the initial purchase price.

Jun 13, 2013 at 09:56 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone bought or used the new Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC?

edl415 wrote:
I saw a hobbyist shooting one on a D600 at a cycling event last weekend. First time I've seen one out and about. Didn't get a chance to ask him about it.

Based on my experience with the last Tamron 70-200 I'd rather pay a little extra for the Nikon version, simply because the resale on Nikon lenses is much better. Sure - it may cost $500 more up-front, but you'll come out ahead down the road. So if the Nikon represents a lower true cost of ownership it's a no brainer, assuming you can afford the initial purchase price.

It's a $1000 difference. That's a lot of money

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.