Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

codyjbennett

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

Hi guys, had a quick question regarding forum subscriptions via email.

I was able to see that subscribing to a thread is simple (open the thread, click on 'get email notification'), but I haven't been able to track down a method for receiving a digest of post from a specific forum.

Specifically, I'm looking to subscribe to the gear forum with a particular theme (like nikon gear, or misc computer/camera stuff). I happen to be familiar with the dgrin world, and email digests are how I get my notifications of awesome gear-buying-opportunities.

Any advice?

Thanks,
-Cody

Apr 04, 2013 at 08:03 AM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

I don't think FM offers a digest feature, nor a subscribe to forum feature either.

<Chas>

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:29 PM
codyjbennett

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

Major bummer!

Consider this a +1 for that feature, I suppose...

Thanks,
-cb

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:31 PM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

The major forums on FM may be too active for a daily digest to be useful --- are you really going to read a ten-page-long wall of text (following dozens of topics)? Digests are handy on slow-moving, specialized forums that typically get zero to a handful of posts per day (so it's a real time-saver to not bother with going to the site just to see that nothing new has happened). Trying to catch up with a whole day's activity here (without filtering down to a few threads of interest) would be a pretty demanding task.

Apr 04, 2013 at 02:48 PM
codyjbennett

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

I think that would be my call of how I'd interact with the material... Specifically, I was hopeful of getting a digest of FS threads (new & updated) from the "Buy & Sell Photo-Gear" forums.

(Dgrin has the forums broken out into canon/nikon/other camera/everything else and I've subscribed to digests of threads made/updated of the nikon/other/everythingelse forums and it's worked out nicely for me.)

No biggie if it can't be done, but I think it would add value to have that as an option.

Thanks for the discussion,
-Cody

Apr 04, 2013 at 03:05 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Subscribe to Particular Forum?

The search function works pretty good.

BTW, welcome to FM, codyj.

Apr 04, 2013 at 03:53 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.