New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · New question for qflash users

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New question for qflash users

If I connect the qflash using the qttl adapter to the hot shoe of the pocket wizard mini on a camera will it work correctly if so that's how ill use it until a better solution is available. Use it as a off camera but wire as a on camera flash and the canon Speedlights as off camera flashes in there respective a/b/c zones.

And a second question iirc the qflash will do HHS (high speed sync) does it require the mini or will it do it without a pocket wizard.

I was gonna test these out today but ran out of daylight and time shooting this evening to test things out.

Apr 04, 2013 at 01:29 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New question for qflash users

Thanks I missed that somehow.

Apr 05, 2013 at 11:33 AM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New question for qflash users

Michael White wrote:
If I connect the qflash using the qttl adapter to the hot shoe of the pocket wizard mini on a camera will it work correctly

Not that I've tried.. the Qflash just continually triggers.

And a second question iirc the qflash will do HHS (high speed sync) does it require the mini or will it do it without a pocket wizard.

The Trio does HSS (High Speed Sync) without any Pocket Wizard (it has a radio built-in).

The X5d-R and T5d-R will sync cleanly at full output at any shutter speed if using a D adapter and radio transmitter, or a Pilot or a CoPilot. Works fine for Nikon, but you will need to test yourself with Canon.
You can read here for some related info FP mode and HSS with Quantum

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:06 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.