Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

ronfronberg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

I check out the buy and sell forums and it would be great if the seller would state if they are the original owner or not. Often if not stated I do not bother pursuing it. I would rather deal with the original owner selling a piece of equipment than from someone selling something second hand.

I am sure people are going to state, such and such seller is great and I would buy from them even if it is second hand. Fine, but listing an item as original owner or not would be appreciated.

thanks
ron

Apr 03, 2013 at 11:26 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

It depends on the age of the item. For example, do you expect to find a 30-year-old lens for sale by the original owner?

EBH

Apr 03, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Mickey
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

Just assume they are not and you'll be fine. That way it doesn't matter what they say or whether or not you remember to ask.

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

why would it matter?

Apr 07, 2013 at 12:03 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

Doesn't matter to me. Condition and price do matter.

Apr 07, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

Why does it matter if I'm the original owner? After a few days, the item is yours. I really don't want to hear about it anymore after that

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:07 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

ronfronberg wrote:
I check out the buy and sell forums and it would be great if the seller would state if they are the original owner or not.

I don't understand the reason for this post. You don't ask a question, so are wondering if others share this opinion? Or are you trying to convince others of this point of view?

The bottom line is always that you don't have to buy when you don't want to, no matter how cockamamie the reason.

Apr 07, 2013 at 03:30 AM
mpix345
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

It's not a deal-breaker for me, but I think it is considerate when a seller posts the history of an item. I do think it matters a little. A lens with a single good-rep owner should have a bit more value than the same lens with an unknown history.

Same with refurbed gear. I buy it with no concerns, but I think someone selling it should represent it as such, if only because some people will value it differently.

Transparency is a good thing in our dealings.

Apr 09, 2013 at 09:11 PM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

Sunny Sra wrote:
why would it matter?

It's information I like to have because I want to know if the seller has really used the equipment and can vouch for it's quality, or if they've only inspected or tried it out. I always ask that question. I've purchased plenty of gear that a seller may have had for only a week. Original ownership is not the factor I'm considering. It's my confidence in the opinion of the seller that the piece works as it should.

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Mike1.6
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Original Owner Or Not - Gripe

DanBrown wrote:
I don't understand the reason for this post. You don't ask a question, so are wondering if others share this opinion? Or are you trying to convince others of this point of view?

The bottom line is always that you don't have to buy when you don't want to, no matter how cockamamie the reason.

I believe it was an invitation to discuss the matter Dan. Glad I could help.

Apr 11, 2013 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password