Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Some HS Baseball

pattywatty
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some HS Baseball

Had a few minutes to shoot a local HS baseball game yesterday in between assignments. There is absolutely nothing exciting about these pics but the late afternoon sun is so awesome. I didn't get a chance to get inside the fence so these were all taken standing up but I just love this time of day before the lights go on... Again, I was on the wrong side of the pitcher only because the other side provided no opportunities due to crowd until after the top of the inning. McLean Highlanders vs Marshall Statesmen...

© William Stewart Photography 2013

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:27 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some HS Baseball

Crisp action Patrick. You did good!

Apr 04, 2013 at 08:48 PM
rddayton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some HS Baseball

1 & 2 are mighty fine, but 3 is outstanding. It's been a long time since I have seen such a nice capture of a baserunner. Incredible warm color -- and great action. Can almost see the coach waving him around third. Well played. Number 4 is nice, too. Consider a vertical crop to eliminate so much fence in the background perhaps?

Rick

Apr 05, 2013 at 06:41 AM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some HS Baseball

Yes indeed, very great color, nicely done.

Chris

Apr 05, 2013 at 07:11 AM
DPC1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some HS Baseball

Great shots! I concur with rddayton on #3! Great capture!

I'm curious if you're selling your images and that's why you put your watermark in the middle? I use a similar "bar styled" watermark lower down on the pic, but come to think of it.. it can probably be cropped out a lot easier than yours.

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:41 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some HS Baseball

Patrick I'm really loving these. The colors are so vibrant and they all have that 'high def" look. Processing is solid. I also agree with Rick on that runner shot.

Great series.

Apr 06, 2013 at 05:25 AM
DennisC
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Some HS Baseball

Beautiful!

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:18 AM
tshore
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Some HS Baseball

Wonderful shots. The golden hour light works it magic for sports, as well as for landscapes!

One thing I noticed about your shots, that are in common with many of mine: That is, the DOF seems to extend well in front of the subject, but not at all far behind. I make this statement looking at the ground, where the dirt/grass directly in front of the subject player is tack sharp, but what is behind is somewhat OOF. I have noticed the same thing with many of my own BB shots (will post some later). This is odd...in theory the DOF should extend further behind than in front of the subject. Anyone else have this issue?

Apr 09, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Tom D
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Some HS Baseball

Good looking shots, Patrick- top notch image quality.

Apr 09, 2013 at 12:54 PM
DamonsPhoto

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Some HS Baseball

Great shots! I agree with previous. I like 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 are very crisp and sharp.

Apr 09, 2013 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.