New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

Mpking
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

So I just bought and downloaded the nik software suite a couple of days ago but noticed this problem almost immediatly after using silver efex. Whenever I adjust the structure bar, I get all these lines that appear in my photo. Not sure what's going on. Google turned up nothing. Anyone seen this before? I really like the software otherwise.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PnP_wFTTkI8/UVs2O1UcsXI/AAAAAAAAIlY/Y_2DmRi7rBM/s1024/IMG_7804-Edit-2.jpg

Apr 02, 2013 at 02:58 PM
Lutefisker
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

I use Nik a lot and have never seen that grid. I tried adjusting the structure on several photos and could not get the grid to show up.

Apr 02, 2013 at 03:24 PM
mtbakerskier
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

I had that issue when trying to run the program on my old macbook pro. It was just way under powered for the task. When i ran the same images via my mac pro or mac book pro retina Ive had no issues.

Apr 02, 2013 at 03:31 PM
Mpking
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

mtbakerskier wrote:
I had that issue when trying to run the program on my old macbook pro. It was just way under powered for the task. When i ran the same images via my mac pro or mac book pro retina Ive had no issues.

Hmmm... I don't think system power is my issue. I have a win 7, intel i7 3770k, 16gb ram, SSD hard drives, decent video card.

Anyone else have this problem?

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

I've been using Nik Silver for years now and have never seen that problem.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:56 PM
joove

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

Many of these image processing engines work in terms of tiles. It looks like there is a bug in the underlying OpenGL/DirectX driver that is not rendering the border of the tiles correctly. Check if there is a driver update or see if you can swap out to a card with more mature drivers ? Are there any GPU rendering options that you can disable ?

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:05 PM
Mpking
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

Thanks I will try updating my graphics drivers. Haven't done that in like 6 months so I'm sure there are some new ones out. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know if it works or not.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:16 PM
Mpking
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

joove wrote:
Many of these image processing engines work in terms of tiles. It looks like there is a bug in the underlying OpenGL/DirectX driver that is not rendering the border of the tiles correctly. Check if there is a driver update or see if you can swap out to a card with more mature drivers ? Are there any GPU rendering options that you can disable ?

I updated my graphics driver to the latest version and processed a few images with no more lines. Thanks so much!

Apr 02, 2013 at 07:15 PM
328iGuy
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Silver efex pro 2 problem

I use Nik Suite on both my brand new iMac 27" with 32GB of RAM and 2012 MBP Retina and have never seen this issue, and previously ran it on last generation of iMac and MBP without seeing this.

Very odd, I am sure Nik/Google can point you in the right direction though.

Apr 04, 2013 at 01:29 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.