Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

ai3x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

Just wondering if anybody adds a family tree or the names of important people at a wedding to their album?

I was looking through my parents recently and it occurred to me that I really didn't have a clue who anyone was! As an album is party meant to be a historical record it would have been really nice to have at least included the names of who was who in the family.

Anyone do that? If so how do you present it?

Alex

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:36 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

Neat idea. I'd ask next couple, though it might be too time consuming for them/me but again, definitely adds value to the album/book.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:47 PM
jofoto photo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

Sounds like a lot of work, getting names and then putting to faces from your point of view.

The idea is good, the online family tree might be a good way to bring it together with clients help.
Don't know if they care enough to make the effort and how you'd benefit

Apr 02, 2013 at 08:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

Yeah I've thought of a couple of ways of doing it. First is like a list of credits at the start with key peoples names, no photos but at least the names. Second is to kinda do a role list for some of the family photos like on all the old family photos you'll see you nan has. Third is to print a kind of family tree at the end with a layout of the family, again no photos though.

You're right this would add extra work, the question is whether the perceived value is greater than the work. I need to make an album for my own wedding soon and I may well do it for that, I know I'll appreciate it in 50 years.

Alex

Apr 02, 2013 at 11:20 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

A copy (scan, picture, typed out...) of the program would convey a lot of the key players without too much extra work.

Apr 03, 2013 at 12:46 AM
cas5
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Family Tree/Names in Albums

For some of my own family members I've handmade albums and included calligraphy, family trees, and poetry. At one wedding I photographed they took a sheet of watercolor paper and had a family tree without leaves drawn on it. With a green stamp pad they put their thumb prints on the tree and signed it. It wouldn't be too difficult to have the paper cut to the size of your album and mount it to a page. If done well it could look good. In fact, I've got a friends wedding coming up that might be a really nice addition to :-)

Apr 03, 2013 at 07:48 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password