Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon's t1i/500D ...

veroman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon's t1i/500D ...

At the suggestion of a friend, I recently purchased a Canon t1i, the 15MP digital Rebel that was the successor to the 12MP xsi and that led to the designs of the 18MP t2i, t3i and now the t4i. As one who normally and routinely shoots Canon full frame, my search for a lightweight, preferably Canon-mount body for travel has been ongoing for several years.

My first Rebel was the xsi, a sweet little camera with an exceptional sensor. I can't remember why I sold it. I moved to the t3i when it came out, but I really didn't like its output at all. I'd never considered the t1i and really didn't know much about it. It seemed to be one of those cameras that never really grabbed the full attention of the photographer community. It sort of came and went. But, as I said, a friend recommended I give it a try.

I'm glad he did. The t1i is an excellent camera by any standard. One reviewer called it a "Canon masterpiece" while another said it was second only to Canon's 5D Mark II. It's small, like all Rebels, and may be too small for some hands, but I have no issues either with its size or layout. It's very quick in operation, has accurate a/f and very, very good dynamic range ... wider than the xsi by at least a stop.

The most interesting thing I find about the t1i is its color rendering. It's the closest I've seen a Canon camera come to the excellent color capabilities of the Olympus E-series DSLRs ... like the E-30, E-3 and E-5.

Here are some samples, all processed in Capture One Pro 7.02:

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:10 PM
veroman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon's t1i/500D ...

A couple more:

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:12 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password