Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

amlsml
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

First time bases ball later this week, i went to the field to scout it out. I have full access and full permission as well as fully insured. These 2 pics are the dugout for the home (my ) team. Where would you position yourself to stay out of the way, yet have direct line of site. I plan on using the 200-400 on the D3s? thanks for the help.

Apr 02, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

To shoot the batter (mostly right handed) and catchers; first base dugout. Plays at first, second and lefties; 3rd base dugout. Stay low for shots from dugouts. Through the fence for pitchers. YMMV

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:26 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

Depending on what would be considered the field of play....I think you only have the area with the break in the fence....the end of the dugout/fence area, behind the backstop or that fence onle looks about 5 ft. so if you had something like a 5 gallon plastic bucket....you could shoot over the fence. Between innings....maybe to the right or left of the catcher to shoot the pitcher and getting the OK from the Umps.

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

Roughly where the X's are with most of your body behind the fence, peeping around with the camera. That way you can shoot low. You will have to yield to foot traffic and hopefully the on deck circle will not be between you and the plate.

Try to have access to both dugouts to cover left and right handed batters like Ed said.

On a side note, be extra careful during warm ups and between inning throw arounds. There is a greater chance for a ball to get away and hit you during those times.

Good luck,
Marty

Apr 02, 2013 at 09:17 PM
Steven King
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

I second Marty's suggestion, and add one to it. You could try to shoot through the fence behind the backstop to get the pitchers more head on. It looks like the angle won't be too bad for that, and with the sun setting behind the dugout in the picture you could be OK with that angle to get the middle infielders too.
Just my $0.02

Apr 02, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · where would you shoot baseball on this field

If you can get the blessing of the field manager and umpires, I stand about 6" from the baseline just past first for most batters and about every position except first. Then do the same thing from the 3rd base line for a few innings to catch any lefties.

If it's little tykes, then I'd sit halfway between the on deck circle (dirt) and the blue padding.

Same lens (200-400) from both spots.

Apr 03, 2013 at 11:45 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password