Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Gorge conditions and the Columbia Gorge Hotel

khilleg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gorge conditions and the Columbia Gorge Hotel

Hello all,

In shaking off my multi year hiatus, I went to check out the Gorge today. I had hoped for a decent sunrise, but when that was dashed I planned a mid morning drive to hopefully catch the fog burning off. That didn't happen but also the moss is dry making waterfall shots not spectacular. FYI, the Gorge is starting to green up with the trees starting to leaf out but we need a good few days' worth of rain to really get it going.

I kept heading east and I passed the Columbia Gorge Hotel. I've been here for 13 years and never stopped there. The colors were awesome so I decided to take my first look. It looks meticulously manicured but I think there's enough "landscape" to be here. Let me know if I should move it.

Anyway, I think this was the best take I got from it. I don't like the tree in the middle of the shot, but this was the only way to bring all of the elements into the frame. It was nice to see the sun, though, before heading back to cloudy Portland.

Kevin

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8612936818_375bd396a0_b.jpg

Apr 02, 2013 at 01:34 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gorge conditions and the Columbia Gorge Hotel

Hey Kevin,

You did well here. I like the look of this, and you did capture plenty of colorful flowers and blossoms in this. Even though the falls weren't quite what you had hoped, it looks like it was still a very worthwhile adventure to have explored this area.

Jim

Apr 02, 2013 at 02:34 AM
Irishman

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gorge conditions and the Columbia Gorge Hotel

I carry a chainsaw in my camera backpack for just such an occurrence as that tree in front of the building I'm headed there next month to bag some falls myself.

Apr 02, 2013 at 01:02 PM
khilleg
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gorge conditions and the Columbia Gorge Hotel

Thanks all! I'll let you know when the Gorge is better. Rain coming Thursday!

Kevin

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:43 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.