FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · I need a new computer

howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · I need a new computer

Look at my previous post. If you stick w/ one of their 'recipes', it's really pretty straightforward. Once you go beyond that list, you're going to have to do some of your own research or googling around etc etc for appropriate drivers/kexts (if they exist).

Case in point, I have an odd piece of hardware connecting via USB2 that didn't want to work in Win7 under USB3 (?!?!) but I added an ancient Adaptec 4x USB2 PCI card and both Win7 and OSX was happy and I use that card for mouse & keyboard and I expect my Wacom will work too.

Apr 05, 2013 at 03:37 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · I need a new computer

Arka wrote:
All very interesting. Is there a list of supported peripheral hardware that you can use with MacOS on that kind of "Hackintosh?"

Arka C.

If it has a osx driver than usually you can install like on a mac and it will work. Some things don't show having a mac driver but use same chips and to os handles them. A few things just won't work. If you have a question about a component just google the name and hackintosh and you should get an answer. TonyMacx86 has a great forum with a section on compatibility you can get answers there also. Macs using more and more pc parts makes it easier every day to Hackintosh.

With my board of choice if I were to add a OSX compatible network card and usb sound card ( about $20 total) my system would be 100% natively supported by OSX, As it is pretty much all that could break are those 2 things and can be fixed is less than a minute.

Apr 05, 2013 at 05:01 PM
Deanh
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · I need a new computer

Thanks for the suggestions and options guys.

I am defiantly out of the building my own days, I just don't have the time/interest to keep up on the specs and what works with what best information now a days.

At this point I am look at an Intel I7, 256 SSD, 32GB RAM as the only must haves. Storage will be a Drobo and looks like USB 3 ports.

Never heard of Puget, but seen it mentioned a couple times so will check them out.

Apr 06, 2013 at 11:11 AM
CanonGuy4Life

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · I need a new computer

XPS 8500 by Dell, anyone using one? It's a shame Apple Mac Pro not updated in quite a while

Apr 06, 2013 at 01:32 PM
CanonGuy4Life

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · I need a new computer

XPS 8500 by Dell, anyone using one? It's a shame Apple Mac Pro not updated in quite a while

Apr 06, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · I need a new computer

CanonGuy4Life wrote:

I use them as engineering machines at work. They seem solid. Upgradeability is good, takes bunch of ram

Apr 06, 2013 at 02:39 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.