Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · #547 It's a Thin Line

Travis Rhoads
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #547 It's a Thin Line

Every now and then, the WA pushes us, pushes the limits of what we are comfortable with. It also makes us skirt the line between moral and immoral, or in the case of some of the week's entries, exposes us to the darker sides of life.

What is taboo, for some it is something that might also be immoral...but not so for others...how do we define it...where do we draw the line...

Good luck to all this week.

TR

It's a Thin Line

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    70mm    f/2.8    1/2000s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:24 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #547 It's a Thin Line

Moral Relativism,"The philosophized notion that right and wrong are not absolute values, but are personalized according to the individual and his or her circumstances or cultural orientation. It can be used positively to effect change in the law (e.g., promoting tolerance for other customs or lifestyles) or negatively as a means to attempt justification for wrongdoing or lawbreaking. The opposite of moral relativism is moral absolutism, which espouses a fundamental, Natural Law of constant values and rules, and which judges all persons equally, irrespective of individual circumstances or cultural differences." Author unknown.. History reveals all great societies crumbled from within.. Good luck.

Apr 02, 2013 at 09:12 AM
twistedlim
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #547 It's a Thin Line

Interesting shot Travis. I like the noise in the out of focus areas. Nice entry. I came up with zero on the topic.

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #547 It's a Thin Line

Thanks Rich. this topic was tough, I had ideas, that when I thought about them, I would not feel good about posting them...I am not one that wants to offend, or really polarize with my photography...so this was where I wound up, this quote summed up the theme for me... surprised to see it get a single vote...!

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:24 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password