Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Some shots from a National Auto Sport Association (N.A.S.A. ) event a couple weeks ago...

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Hey Jefferson. I was beginning to think you had lost your camera.

Good stuff. #1 could use a little levels pinch and the last one could be sharper. Very interesting over all.

That track has the oddest assortment of cars of anywhere I've ever heard of. Pretty cool.

Marty

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Shot #2 and the last shot were both at 1/30 with a 30D and a 300 f/4L IS... first open track event this year, so I used it to get the rust out for the GrandAm and the Mitty later this month...

I got there right at the start of lunch, last min. thing, ... bright harsh noonday light, ...f/20 stuff... The GrandAm and Mitty will be morning light and paddock at lunch... Should be much better shots to work with

Here's a few more @ 1/30 with the 30D and 300...

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:44 AM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #4 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

love the pano shots, the last 3 are very cool

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:44 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

ah, NASA...Marty, NASA has everything from first time drivers to life long addicts in wheel to wheel action...fun to shoot, but not mid day.

Nice set Jefferson, I like the 99 Corvette shot in the first set, and the old school 911 in the second set. The red camaro has been shopped too much, I would prefer that the BG was not so blown out, it begins to blend into the hood.

If you are going to Grand Am, holler, I will be there too...spectator side since I can't get creds.

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

John Webb
• •
p.1 #6 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Jefferson - Sweet shots. Love the vintage Porsche and the Catham 7.

How crowded does it get for the Mitty? Do you need a special pass in order to get into the paddock area?

The Porsche club event was my 1st time at the track and pretty much had access to all areas of the paddock and any area behind the fence around the track.

Would like to make it to the Mitty get some more practice in before my brother makes it back to Road Atlanta this time in a Can Am at Petit Le Mans this fall.

Apr 03, 2013 at 03:57 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

@ John Webb... The paddock has always been open in the past and it's sure to be this year as well... The event progressivlely becomes filled with more people each day. The event is Thur. - Sun., with Thur. morning being the most unimpeded. You can also get some pretty cool people shots in the paddock when it's populated

@ Travis ... Have my tickets on "will call" ... Haven't decided where I want to start yet. Will probably ride around the track before the cars get out, and look at the light.
Not sure what the weather will be... at the moment, AccuWeather shows overcast and a chance of afternoon rain Sat.... and a chance of thunderstorms Sun. after noon.

@ amlsml ... Thanks...

Here's a redo of the Camaro and a NASCAR stock, both @ 1/30...

Thanks for looking,
Jefferson

Apr 04, 2013 at 01:57 AM
loudtiger
• • •
p.1 #8 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

very smooth pans for 1/30!

May 20, 2013 at 03:06 AM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Jefferson,

Always a pleasure to look at your threads!
Great variety!

Thank you for the eye candy!

May 21, 2013 at 07:35 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Road Atlanta...GrassRoots Style

Thanks guys...

Shaking off the off season... NASA presents a target rich enviroment and easy going atmosphere... Good time talking to crews and drivers...

Got some motorcycles in a couple weeks...

@ Hammy ... Still meaning to get to Daytona...

May 23, 2013 at 01:41 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password