Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I signed up for zenfolio a couple of days ago. Already I'm considering canceling because the setup for self-fulfillment is so cumbersome. It seems horrible in fact. Maybe I'm missing something??

You have to completely set up everything from scratch - every size in every option that is available. Each one has to be added as a separate product including things that should be add-ons. They don't have any template (that I can find) like instaproofs has where you can just click to, say, add 8x10 as an option. If you want to offer a floated gallery wrap for instance and you have two different frame colors available then you have to add two different products of a floated wrap - for every single size that you offer.

Is there a better way to do this that I'm missing? If not then this is not very well though out.

brad

Apr 01, 2013 at 06:32 PM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

Yes, it is a PITA. I spent a few evening wading thru it though and finally got it done. I didn't realize it would be so cumbersome either, but for $100 for a year I'm not complaining.

www.peteralessandriaphotography.com

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:34 PM
angeposs
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I agree with Peter. I groused about it when I realized how much work it would be but then I just did it. It's done and it works and the price is right. I have made changes and updates occasionally and I tried to keep it as simple as possible. You will fiddle with it at first but then it will come together. Good luck and have fun.

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:27 AM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

Good to know.

Apr 10, 2013 at 07:41 AM
PeakPhoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I HATE the self fulfillment on Zen. I love everything but that. Almost so much I've considered moving to Photoshelter. I can't for the life of figure out why they wouldn't have have a dropdown for options. So instead of me creating a product or 8x10 lustre and 8x10 metallic it should just say 8x10 then have a dropdown box next to it with the options. That and the fact that you can't do add ons, like mounts or finishes. So I have to just make that a separate item and say "add on". It's a pain and a half.

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM
miccullen
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

Maybe they're trying to get ppl to simplify their sales options.

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Deardorff5x7

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

Biggest problem for those of us printing our own work is that folks apparently can't run their credit cards through on Zenfolio while we do the print and deliver it.
Maybe it has chenged now, but that is what I found when I tried it - and as a result stopped using the site.
I just wanted to print my own work. Their labs can't do hand poured carbon prints and they can not do Pt/Pd hand coated prints - nor can they do ambrotypes. All of which I do.

Seems a nice way to show work but I wanted a site that was easy to do, looked nice and would take the credit card payments for me. Didn't mind them taking their cut but they would not do so on self fulfilled prints even when their labs can't do them.

May 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I self-fulfill through Zenfolio and accept credit cards but it goes through Paypal.

brad

May 26, 2013 at 01:08 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I recently set up a Zen account. Maybe they have upgraded. Setting up pricing was pretty easy. No, they still are not set up to handle collecting money if you do your own printing. If I were them I would not do that either. They don't want to be in the middle when they are not being paid. You can use Zen and then setup alternate payment systems if you do the printing. I have not done this and would like to hear the details from anyone who has.

May 26, 2013 at 05:56 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

Can you guys clarify what you're talking about as far as not being able to take payments? I do solely self-fulfilled sales through Zenfolio with no prob. They take 4% if you self-fulfill via online orders.

brad

May 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM
angeposs
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I also sell completely self-fulfilled through Zenfolio and they accept client credit cards with no problem. They do tale 4% and I understand that, though I wish they did not! The self-fulfilled set-up is not hard to do, just time consuming and not as easy if you used their printers.

May 27, 2013 at 08:29 AM
mbpautz762
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Zenfolio self-fulfillment setup - not good!

I'm a bit late to this, but I had the same problem - Zenfolio will not accept payment for self-fulfilled orders. They will send an email to the buyer with the total and list of products ordered with a blurb that says "Please arrange for payment through <insert seller name here>". It's true you can go through paypal, but it's horribly inconvenient and confusing for someone who just wants to order some prints. Angeposs - how were you able to accept cards through zenfolio? I would love to know this because I'm about to leave zenfolio over this.

I'm setting up a photodeck site now, which has a much better and fully integrated e-commerce solution built in. They take 0% comission, but all products must be self-fulfilled (there is no direct fulfillment through 3rd party labs). I like this though, because I can order the prints I CAN'T do at home from Adorama Pix at half the cost of the direct fulfillment options through zenfolio. less cost = more profit and more savings for the client

Jul 18, 2013 at 02:22 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.