Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Silver Falls Oregon

savingspaces
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Silver Falls Oregon

P3310057.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

P3310049.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

P3310034.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Apr 01, 2013 at 10:44 PM
John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Silver Falls Oregon

This looks like a great place to shoot. I like your comps. Is it a long walk to get there? Just wondering if you can get a ladder in there without too much trouble. You may be able to get above the FG twigs/branches. Also, can one get down to the creek shore?

JBR

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:52 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Silver Falls Oregon

I like the look of these, though as John referred to, there is a lot of brush that causes a busy feeling. Your compositions are really good, if only there was a way to avoid the brush. #3 is my favorite.

Jim

Apr 02, 2013 at 03:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Silver Falls Oregon

Nice series and compositions on these, though the brush is distracting for me in #2, where it's most prominent. Also in #2, a portion of the waterfalls looks quite purplish.

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:16 AM
savingspaces
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Silver Falls Oregon

John, Jim, Tuan, thank you guys very much for your kind C&Cs. Composition credits go to my wife. Canyon trail is 8.7 miles all around and I believe there are 10 water falls. As always, our idea is to "walk", where ever we end up, but of course I always carry my cameras, so my dear wife puts up with me stopping all the time. Yesterday, she directed me throughout the whole 90 minutes and wants to go back with the tripod to get better shots and hopefully we can take our time and focus on taking pictures. Can we carry a ladder? I suppose we could, but I am not a "heavy hitter" like you guys. That will not happen, I don't think. BUT, I will get into better positions for sure.

Yes you can also get down to the shore, that is one good thing in Oregon. You are on your own, no one will stop you.

Purple water - that is unfortunately the new Sony sensor in the OM-D with the 7-14 lens. Flare/fringe galore at times. But I don't mind, since these pictures will never be printed, I just LOVE taking pictures and later look at them.

PS: In picture number 2, I wanted to slow down the shutter but as I said, I left the tripod in the car. So I put my back pack on the ground, positioned the camera as well as I could and used a 2 second delay to take the shot. Next time these pictures will not be as cluttered.

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:42 AM
savingspaces
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Silver Falls Oregon

To get to the other side of the this particular fall you go behind it first.

P3310030.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:52 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password