Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · E. Mich BB v Ohio

Steven King
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · E. Mich BB v Ohio

Game two of my Saturday double dip.

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 -

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
zSCOTTz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · E. Mich BB v Ohio

Nice shots, its good to get outside of the gym and shoot again isnt it. Im going to shoot alot of baseball this summer. Im shooting for some area high schools, some little league, and Im going to do some Lugnuts games this year for them.

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Steven King
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · E. Mich BB v Ohio

Yes it's good to get outside, and then deal with whatever mother nature gives us. Some days you win, some days you lose, some days it rains.
Have fun at the Lugnuts games!

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
BillP57
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · E. Mich BB v Ohio

#1 The shadow across the face is too dark. I would rather see the uniform overexposed than the face this dark.
#2 Nothing interesting going on.
#3 Players show no excitement and thus make this a boring photo.
#4 Good Action.
#5 Better exposure on the face. Not sure I like the crop.
#6 OK image
#7 Good action, maybe crop a little tighter.
#8 Good image and I like the exposure on the face.
#9 Nice image, with the off balance throw.
#10 Nice moment, I just wish they had their hands over their hearts.
#11 Horizon is off and crop a little tighter.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Bill

Apr 01, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Steven King
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · E. Mich BB v Ohio

Thanks Bill,

For #1, this is the life of shooting in harsh overhead daylight sun, and baseball. I could have burned in his face but that would have looked uneven for the overall exposure. Not much of a good way to get his face and have any exposure at all on the uni, which the University wants to see, of course. I'm sure you've shot games like this too.
#3, just telling the story with a shot of the players, sometimes these are boring, but the client loves them.
#5, keeping the original shot size, they use this on the web site even though a vertical crop is what looks best for pitchers. I've had multiple uses of pitcher shots like this by the client, and in MLB by SI.com, etc. The width gives some feeling of space that fits with the arms spread out like that.
#7, leaving room to the right shows where the action is leading, plus I hardly ever crop anything if it's not 4x6 for the client, since that's what they want.
#11, the horizon is right on with the level of the scoreboard near the top, so I left it that way even though it's about 10deg off the players, going the other way makes it look off due to the scoreboard being not level, also if I go tighter you lose the nice blue skies that we don't get that often at this time of the year, which adds to the feel too. It's Spring!!

Play Ball!!

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:27 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password