Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Trying to find it.

Rick Schump
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trying to find it.

Over the last 6 - 9 months I have found myself more and more in a doldrum with Photography and mine especially. Haven't posted much,haven't lurked. The last 7 years I have lived and breathed photography and now the spark is just that, not a flame anymore. Lately I feel a little bit of a rekindling but I am still in a loss to find the flame. Here are a couple from the last month. The first 2 are from Hwy 2 at 2 diff. mornings and the last 2 are from a trip to Boulder River with John Richter and Mike Sherwin, hope you like C&C welcome. Rick

Baring in the Morning

Brach's Sky

Step Dancing

Flowing Softly

Mar 31, 2013 at 06:26 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trying to find it.

Rick,
The 3rd and 4th are awesome. The 1st 2 don't quiet work for me...i understand the trees mimicking the shape of the mountains...but thats about it.
As for the spark...maybe a change of what you shoot would help...there was a thread in the canon forum couple of weeks ago covering the same topic..lots of good suggestions in there.

Mar 31, 2013 at 06:31 PM
kwilliam8
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trying to find it.

Rick, I like the sunset over Mt. Baring and trees mimicking the mountain range. I also like the third image a lot. I agree with Sunny - shooting something different can add interest - e.g., macro, birds, or street scenes in Seattle. Different types of photography can help other types. Or just taking a complete break for 3 or 6 months. Either way, I hope you stick with it. I have enjoyed your photos over the years!
Keith W.

Mar 31, 2013 at 06:45 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Trying to find it.

I too have enjoyed seeing your work. Hope you will continue creating.

Dave

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:33 PM
John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Trying to find it.

Nice set, Rick.

Of the 2 sunrise shots, I'll have to go with the 1st one. I like the more colorful sunrise.

I like both the waterfall shots equally. Good eye on these.

JBR

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Trying to find it.

Nice series here Rick!

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:09 PM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Trying to find it.

Thanks all, I appreciate the time, responses and encouragement. It is nice to hear from peers about issues that can happen in the hobbie. Thanks everyone for your comments. Rick

Apr 02, 2013 at 01:43 AM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Trying to find it.

Great set Rick. I like all of these, particularly #2 and #4. In #4, I think I would crop off a little bit of the right side to remove the bright water shooting out of the frame. I'm sure it won't be too long before you get out of your rut.

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:24 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Trying to find it.

Hey Rick,

Yeah, that flame can take a vacation once in a while just like we take vacations. Photography for us is a passion, that passion requires energy to burn that flame, and just like in a relationship there may be times when the passion lessens or perhaps even disappears. That can be natural, but it also can be the result of stress in our lives, marriage, divorce, moving, work, can all create that sress which zaps our energy, the energy needed to fuel our passion. So you may want to consider that also, and if thats part of it, then once that stress is resolved you will find the passion being fueled again.

But even without stress, that passion can ebb and flow, sometimes finding new places to go shoot can help get that flame a kick in the butt then. But don't stress too much about having that passion at a low point, it will return...

As for your shots, I really like #1. #2 has some cool clouds and sky, but I think the sky is too bright for how dark the mountain and the trees are. #3 and 4 are great waterfall shots, with #3 being my favorite.

Jim

PS.. it's good to have friends like John and Mike to get and shoot and have fun with!

Apr 02, 2013 at 06:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Guari
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Trying to find it.

Very nice, lovely images. Specially enjoy the last one, and I think that it would look really great in BW.

Apr 02, 2013 at 09:10 PM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Trying to find it.

love the first and third,,would love to see the 3rd in BandW,,

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:45 AM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Trying to find it.

Again , Thank you all for your kind words. It is always a treat to hear the thoughts of so many gifted photographers.
I'll look at posting the last 2 in B&W. I appreciate the encouragement and feedback. Thanks Rick

Apr 03, 2013 at 08:46 AM
DSC01
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Trying to find it.

Rick, nice images from this set I like #3 the best. Creativity comes and goes and sometimes shows up when you least expect it, let it come to you don't force it. A change of scenery or a workshop might get the juices flowing ? Regards, Dean

Apr 03, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Trying to find it.

Thanks Dean.

Apr 04, 2013 at 05:44 AM
nikon65
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Trying to find it.

These are great photos. I think we all go through a spell where we find ourselves not as excited as we used to be. What I find to keep me positive is to travel. I love going new places, and seeing new things. I've also made some GREAT friends along the way. And one last thing. We ALL should be thankful that we are able to wake up everyday, and are healthy enough to pursue such an awesome passion. If we take a great image, that is just frosting on the cake !!!!! Have a great day !!!

Todd

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:01 PM
AndrewThomas
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Trying to find it.

Hey Rick, good to see you're back..and with some great images as well. Really like all of these, especially #3. This post prompted me to go through so images from our visit from, would you believe, it was October 2010! Still remember that day well!
cheers Andrew and Debbie

Apr 04, 2013 at 09:54 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Trying to find it.

2, 3, and 4 for me. 4 is very inspiring.
As about passion gone - it may be a sign that you need to take better care of yourself. Passion takes energy.

Apr 05, 2013 at 12:07 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password