Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Underworld

Guari
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Underworld

Amazing. Really great image and write up :-)

I have a lot of questions but I believe I may find them with a bit of googling

Apr 14, 2013 at 03:56 PM
itai195
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Underworld

Mark, amazing work as always! I love the composition and the processing.

Edited on Apr 14, 2013 at 05:27 PM · View previous versions

Apr 14, 2013 at 05:24 PM
lighthawk
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Underworld

Amazing, almost organic image; aptly titled too. Thanks for sharing your workflow. Add me to the list of wanna be's to learn about "blend if" I'm just at a level where I can appreciate what you've done, but have a long ways to grow.

I'm turned off by the crowding at The Wave, Subway, Antelope Canyon etc., yet know intuitively that there are other locations. I've done cross country hiking in Escalante. Off-the-beaten-path scouting with some canyoneering skills creates new opportunities. Nice hint, Mark.

I'm inspired to hop in my 4wd trucck with popup camper and head there now!!! Time is the greatest limiting factor for me.

Apr 14, 2013 at 05:27 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Underworld

lighthawk wrote:
Off-the-beaten-path scouting with some canyoneering skills creates new opportunities. Nice hint, Mark.

Yes, glad you noticed that! Canyoneering books are a help too. Photographers wont do 1/10th of what canyoneers do. Join their clubs, start rappelling. Also, if you live nearby become friends with the natives. Sometimes there are key locals and natives who know stuff that no one yet knows. When you have a genuine friendship with them sometimes they might share...

I'm inspired to hop in my 4wd trucck with popup camper and head there now!!! Time is the greatest limiting factor for me.

Do it! And yes, time always is!

Apr 15, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Underworld

lighthawk wrote:
Thanks for sharing your workflow. Add me to the list of wanna be's to learn about "blend if" I'm just at a level where I can appreciate what you've done, but have a long ways to grow.

You are welcome. The video tutorial is on my website and the short written tutorial (long overdue is on its way). Good luck with your own work!

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password