Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

CMB Photo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

form wrote:
Thanks, at least I'm not alone :| Off too a wedding now.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Think how many shots people used to get in 1948 with all manual, film days. And now, we're trying to deliver 500-700 in-camera-all-perfect images... Sometimes less IS more...I say to myself when can not stop shooting for the sake of EVERY moment (video mode)...

Apr 01, 2013 at 04:23 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

Missing a moment is being a poor photographer. As a wedding photographer you must capture every single major moment or you failed for that wedding. Examples of key moments. First kiss, first dance, cake cutting... You know things like that.

Now as for just moments through out the day, sure we all miss some. If we miss a few, not a problem. If you miss a lot, then you might want to rethink being a wedding photographer. It is my job to capture major events on the day of. It is my goal to capture as many of the other moments as I can to help tell the story of the day.

This is one reason I try and push to my brides as much as I can to get them to hire my second photographer too

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:03 PM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

…just having a senior moment…

did I miss something?

Apr 01, 2013 at 08:26 PM
WNStudio
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

We miss moments, the only missed moments that I feel bad about are the ones I missed because I screw up- for ex. didn't change batteries in my wireless triggers

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

TRReichman
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

Never missed a moment personally. Just take a look at a sample wedding coverage and then tell me what's missing....

This is an issue of perspective. You can focus on what you think you missed or focus on what you got. The client only knows what you show them.

- trr

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:48 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

NYstyles wrote:
I dont even have to take my eye off my camera to adjust, I know the buttons like the back of my hand.

I shoot a few different bodies and brands so I never get accustomed to where buttons are.

Apr 01, 2013 at 10:41 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Ever feel like you miss a lot of 'moments?'

morganb4 wrote:
I chimp too much and thats when I miss most.

Buissink puts electrical tape over the LCDs of his assistants' cams so that they can't chimp.

Apr 01, 2013 at 10:43 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password