Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

AFC168
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Ojai next week and was wondering if any of you had been there before and could recommend a good place to take photographs ...

I think I'm going to meditation mount around 5pm one day ... but aside from that, don't really know any places. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Older Fossil
• • •
p.1 #2 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

If the weather is clear, you might drive north on Rt-33 through Wheeler Gorge and on up to the crest of the mountains. I don't know how full Lake Casitas is just west of Ojai, but you may find some nice scenery/wildlife over there. Downtown Ojai is kind of quaint and may allow for some pictures.

Hope this helps,
Art

Mar 30, 2013 at 04:41 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

you can do up pch to ragged point, a little further to julia pfeiffer beach to shoot the waterfall...lots of beach potential out there. Also, Garappata state park

Mar 30, 2013 at 05:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

scraptag
• •
p.1 #4 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

Sunny Sra wrote:
you can do up pch to ragged point, a little further to julia pfeiffer beach to shoot the waterfall...lots of beach potential out there. Also, Garappata state park

Just so you know, Julia Pfeiffer is at least 2 or 3 hours North of Ojai. Santa Barbara would be closer than Julia Pfeiffer.

I have seen pics that are nice from the plateau/hill above Ventura down onto the beach. Ventura has an iconic Cross on the hill that might be lovely for night shots. The area is famous for orchards, so there may be some in bloom that you could go to.

Last year we stopped at a really good restaurant that is South on the 150 on your left, right before you start going up the hill (out of the valley). Wonderful food, and very country. I think it's a pizzeria.

Also, there is a trail to a waterfall off RT 33, called Rose Valley Falls. It's a nice hike and this would be your best bet all year to see any water, although we haven't had much rain this year, so you might want to ask the locals.

Mar 30, 2013 at 05:50 PM
AFC168
• •
p.1 #5 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

Thanks for the suggestions! Do you know where that place in Ventura is for a great sunset? Thanks!

Apr 02, 2013 at 04:51 AM
WakeTurbulence
• •
p.1 #6 · Ojai - Places to take pictures

Search for Father Serra Cross for the overlook of Ventura. It is a nice place to shoot the sunset.

For Ojai I didn't do much shooting when I was there last. Depending on weather and light, shots from the roads leading out of the valley could be nice (top of Hwy 150). Downtown Ojai has a nice feel but nothing super exciting to photograph, at least for me.

Thomas Aquinas College has a cool bell tower, but I don't know how accessible the campus is.

-Matt

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:35 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password