Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Time to play

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Time to play

#1 pretty much SOOC, searching for the feeling - but not there (and, maybe never will be!)

Have a go at it!

Bob

NIKON D7000    17.0-55.0 mm f/2.8 lens    32mm    f/4.0    1/4000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 29, 2013 at 09:24 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Time to play

Or, maybe some different re-touching and Color Efex twiddling to express some current fad:

Mar 30, 2013 at 08:24 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Time to play

I love this sort of photo in a morbid way because I can find all sorts of faults that I'd almost certainly fail to avoid if I took the photo.

I think it needed a different perspective or viewpoint. Perhaps more from the side (and even down lower) in a way that made the pepsi fridges or the parking meters or the bench more prominent. You probably saw all of these things before taking the photo but the photo is relatively bland and doesn't do anything for me (or you). It doesn't help that the image is so small that I cannot read any most of the text because text in a photo usually wants to be read.

It might also benefit from a wider angle or a shallower DOF too.

Is it something you can re-shoot ? Doing so might be a very good learning exercise.

- Alan

May 07, 2013 at 04:24 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Time to play

Thanks Alan for you thoughts,

Do not know when I'll get back there, building embedded with other structures...straight on vanilla shot.

Bob

May 07, 2013 at 11:15 PM
lylejk
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Time to play

I know; just too lazy to rid the wires and resulting shadows this evening. lol

May 10, 2013 at 04:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

eeneryma
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Time to play

Hope you don't mind me playing with the composition, yielding something totally different. I love the cartoonish cones drawn on the front windows, as well as the painted palm tree off to the right. If you go back to re-shoot, you might consider some of the "macro" possibilities, as ALAN321 suggested.
Out of curiosity, what's the name of the ice cream stand? Usually, with stands like this, it's emblazoned on the front.

Playing with Composition

May 10, 2013 at 01:35 PM
odnanref

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Time to play

I don't think there's much here. I think maybe some black and white, because of the different tones in the image, can give it some character.

May 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM
eeneryma
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Time to play

For me, there's more here than might meet the eye on first review. The colors pop and play a pivotal role in the photo. It's a quiet photo that speaks to me about the seductive commercialization of our society.
For inspiration, you might want to search out the color documentary photography of Stephen Shore (current show at MOMA NYC), Joel Sternfeld, William Eggleston, William Christenberry, etc.

May 11, 2013 at 09:21 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Time to play

eeneryma wrote:
Hope you don't mind me playing with the composition, yielding something totally different. I love the cartoonish cones drawn on the front windows, as well as the painted palm tree off to the right. If you go back to re-shoot, you might consider some of the "macro" possibilities, as ALAN321 suggested.
Out of curiosity, what's the name of the ice cream stand? Usually, with stands like this, it's emblazoned on the front.

I like that - thanks! IT had a 'feel' for me, much as you describe - conveying that is the issue, as always

Name? Do not recall - very, very southernmost tip to Tybee Island, so hardly on the beaten path. Would like to get back at some point, likely not until fall or spring.

Thanks again,

Bob

May 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Time to play

odnanref wrote:
I don't think there's much here. I think maybe some black and white, because of the different tones in the image, can give it some character.

Thank you for your thoughts, must revisit with B&W in mind.

Bob

May 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password