Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

802walker
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

I recently purchased the Hubba Hubba Hiney, which is a nice bag, but I'm looking for something a bit smaller. Basically I want to carry the XE-1 with a lens attached + 1 lens and some accessories like filters and batteries. I'm thinking of buying the Think Tank Slim Changer, which seems to be a bit smaller than the Hubba Hubba. I don't live near any store where I can try the bags out and I can't find a good review or video online, so I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this bag and whether it will fit the gear I'm looking for.

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:55 PM
plasticmotif
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=487244&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Domke for everything!

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:02 PM
802walker
• •
p.1 #3 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

plasticmotif wrote:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=487244&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Domke for everything!

Looks like a nice bag. But I either need something waterproof or with a built in raincover like the Think Tank line. This will be used primarily as a hiking bag connected to my backpack.

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:06 PM
RDParker

p.1 #4 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

plasticmotif wrote:

Domke for everything!

+1!

although my pick would be>>>>

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/564368-REG/Domke_700_J5B_J_5XB_Shoulder_and_Belt.html

a great and versatile bag.

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:10 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.1 #5 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

I bought a small Crumpler from Amazon, Amazon often sells older models at big discounts.
I forget which model I have, as I bought two different ones, at two different times.
I like them both.

Edited on Mar 28, 2013 at 03:13 PM · View previous versions

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:13 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

I use the Domke F-5XB for my X-Pro 1 kit. It has slightly larger volume than the F-5XA in Mac's link above, and the F-5XB has a wider and lower profile. It fits my X-Pro1 with 1" Domke Gripper strap, three XF lenses; 18/2, 35/1.4, and 60/2.4 (one on the camera and two of them in small neoprene bags), and just enough extra room to fit a small (manual control) Nikon Speedlight SB-30, spare batts, and cards.

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:13 PM
itai195
• • •
p.1 #7 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

What about a hiking backpack that doubles as a camera bag, instead of having two bags? Something like the Lowepro PhotoSport AW perhaps? Otherwise, if you really want a separate bag, the Rezo 110 AW might suit your needs.

Mar 28, 2013 at 04:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

plasticmotif
• • •
p.1 #8 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/697263-REG/Domke_700_52A_F_5XB_RuggedWear_Medium_Shoulder.html

ruggedwear is sheds water like the best waxed canvas.

if you insist on a rain cover, I think most Kata Bags come with one:

The F5XB is what I consider the perfect camera bag for smaller bodied cameras.

I can fit my NEX 5N, CV 15, Sigma 19, G28, G45, Rokkor 58, Tokina 90 all into the bag. Plus a few cards, lens pens, some hoods and lens caps. Stacking the lenses while wrapped in microfiber keeps the scuffs down!

Mar 28, 2013 at 04:26 PM
itai195
• • •
p.1 #9 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

By the way, if you're interested in the Think Tank, you can always e-mail them or contact them on Twitter. I've found them very responsive when I've had questions about their products in the past. I think they're used answering such questions because their products aren't carried in many retail stores even in metropolitan areas.

Mar 28, 2013 at 04:42 PM
hiepphotog
• • •
p.1 #10 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

802walker wrote:
Looks like a nice bag. But I either need something waterproof or with a built in raincover like the Think Tank line. This will be used primarily as a hiking bag connected to my backpack.

Clik Elite Waist Pack. It's small, carries just enough (a little more) of what you're looking to carry. A waist pack would go well with whatever small backpack you have, kinda like the idea of the Thinktank Rotation 180 Pro.

Mar 28, 2013 at 06:03 PM
802walker
• •
p.1 #11 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

Thanks everyone!

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:10 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #12 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

The 5XB is a really nice size but I found it still a bit too 'blocky' in that it doesn't really squish down when empty like some Domkes I've had in the past.

I ended up buying a slightly customized satchel from CourierWare, specifically, the mini, which is their smallest size. The inside pockets should be large enough to carry the Fuji X lenses. (I'm using it with the similarly sized M9) I also bought the XS satchel and it's wide enough to carry an 11" MacBook Air, along with a camera and a couple lenses.

CourierWare's satchels are the basis for, and manufacturer of the Bare Bones Bag, which is kind of a 'souped up' edition with a bit of padding and somewhat different strap attachment and cover flap design.

I've been really happy with the CourierWare satchels so far. I love the unstructured nature, which makes them a lot smaller when not fully loaded. The double-walled and coated nylon fabric construction has so far proven to be very water resistant, to the point where I haven't felt the need for a rain cover. If you get them with the 'secret' inside pockets, you can slip 1/8" or 1/4" high density foam in the secret pockets to add a bit of padding between objects in the pockets and whatever is in the main compartment of the bag.

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:47 PM
dannywkyang

p.1 #13 · A small bag for Fuji X-E1

I use a Think Tank Skin Body Bag to hold my X-E1. The bag itself is part of the Think Tank Modular system and is designed to hold a DSLR body but I found it's a good fit to carry my X-E1 w/ 35 1.4 and RRS L-Plate Grip. There's still plenty of room for batteries, wallet and plus there's a built in rain cover which stowes in the bottom. With the attachment straps, you can use any strap you want (I use the Think Tank Keep It Up Shoulder strap) or you can even attach the bag to a bigger bag using the belt attachment velcro.

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password