Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Waiting for the UPS guy

AgentM
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Guys,

About 6 months ago I was going back and worth with some of you on getting rid of my primary zoom 24-70
and shooting more with prime lenses.
I finally made the switch. So today I am standing with my nose against the window waiting
for my two new lenses to arrive. A 35L and 135L.

Cant wait to use them this coming weekend on my 5D's.

Thanks for all the great input and advise!

Henk

Mar 28, 2013 at 01:54 PM
matthew.lumpp

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Very nice. I did the same thing a while back and love the primes! Im actually hoping the 100mm 2.8L IS I ordered shows up today too! I keep checking for an update on the tracking info

Mar 28, 2013 at 01:58 PM
JakeB.
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Gah, waiting on the post to show up here as well... a new PW tt1/tt5 combo for me.

As far as the primes go, you'll love them both!

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:13 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Waiting for the UPS guy

I hate waiting for the ups guy. I hit refresh a bazillion times a day when something is being delivered. lol

I moved to primes a few years ago and never looked back. I finally made the last moves this week and am all primes now.

17, 28, 50, 85, 150

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:20 PM
AgentM
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Waiting for the UPS guy

How do you like your 50mm? I just could not decide between that one and the 35L.

paparazzinick wrote:
I hate waiting for the ups guy. I hit refresh a bazillion times a day when something is being delivered. lol

I moved to primes a few years ago and never looked back. I finally made the last moves this week and am all primes now.

17, 28, 50, 85, 150

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:37 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Waiting for the UPS guy

You'll love your 35L! It's my most used lens. :-) I have a crop body, though...so it's more like a 50mm for me.

Have fun with it.

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:41 PM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Hmmm if it is waiting for UPS guy thread I'd add my name for new DELL U2713 coming today...

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:45 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Looks like I need to represent Nikon. Finally get to replace my Siggy 12-24 with the glorious Nikon 14-24 wide angle. But my UPS truck doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:05 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Enjoy!

I don't mean to be negative, but do make sure you test the lenses thoroughly in a full range of scenarios and lighting before you use them this weekend (not leaving much time...). I know we're all familiar with different lenses and what they do, but you should only really take tried and tested equipment into the field.

Best of luck!

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:32 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Noting here the impatience of some ...

I don't really get excited about new gear. I never follow tracking. I don't look out the window. Half the time new gear sits around for a couple days after it's delivered before I open the box.

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AgentM
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Waiting for the UPS guy

D. Diggler wrote:

I don't really get excited about new gear. I never follow tracking. I don't look out the window. Half the time new gear sits around for a couple days after it's delivered before I open the box.

WHAT!?

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:31 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Waiting for the UPS guy

D. Diggler wrote:

I am often the same. My D800E arrived and I was pretty ambivalent since it's just another nikon body with more pixels that burned a ton more money - they are just tools so I can't get all that excited about them. With the poor quality control new gear means a whole load of boring testing too.

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:42 PM
Betacamman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Waiting for the UPS guy

I'd been watching to see when Canon was going to send my 85 1.8 from a C&C. It arrived today, but the Canon site says it has yet to ship. Maybe they'll send me another one

Mar 28, 2013 at 09:52 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Betacamman wrote:
I'd been watching to see when Canon was going to send my 85 1.8 from a C&C. It arrived today, but the Canon site says it has yet to ship. Maybe they'll send me another one

You may get lucky, play.com sent me two 32Gb cards.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM
heikoM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Waiting for the UPS guy

No, no UPS guy for me.
I wait for a call of my local camera dealer. Ordered a M9 (Typ 240) which should arrive soon, so he said at least.

Canīt remeber ever been so ambivalent about a new piece of gear. Either totally great and a huge improvement over many shortcommings of my M9 or a totally waste of money. Havenīt decided yet.

heiko

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Waiting for the UPS guy

AgentM wrote:
How do you like your 50mm? I just could not decide between that one and the 35L.

LOVE IT!!!! Used to hate it, but thats when I had a 35. Now that I have a 28, it gets more use.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM
scottam10
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Waiting for the UPS guy

The 135mm is brilliant wide-open for portraits, just don't forget to stop down to give yourself enough DOF if there's more than one person in the shot

Mar 29, 2013 at 01:56 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Waiting for the UPS guy

35L rocks. Best lens ever 135L still on my wishing list

Mar 29, 2013 at 08:29 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Waiting for the UPS guy

Mark_L wrote:
My D800E arrived and I was pretty ambivalent since it's just another nikon body with more pixels that burned a ton more money

Yep. Just another expensive tool that's going to require a ton of boring testing. As a matter of fact, I'm putting off my Nikon acquisition as long as possible because of the pain-in-the-*** testing that's going to be required.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
morby
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Waiting for the UPS guy

D. Diggler wrote:
Yep. Just another expensive tool that's going to require a ton of boring testing. As a matter of fact, I'm putting off my Nikon acquisition as long as possible because of the pain-in-the-*** testing that's going to be required.

That blows my mind! I usually can't wait to test new gear. I just picked up the 600EX-RTs and all I wanted to do was test them out. You mention that we are impatient, but I think it's that we love our job and new gear is a part of that.

Mar 30, 2013 at 01:53 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password