FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Iceland Pano

kalina54
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Iceland Pano

First, Thank all of you for your help. This is my first attempt at processing a panoramic image. I stitched together 8 images captured with a 36mp D800. The original file was 1.72 GB! This image is noisy because I had to seriously compress it to fit on this forum. I have learned a tremendous amount of information from this forum and I welcome your critiques. Thanks

© kalina54 2013

Skaftafel National Park Panorama

Mar 27, 2013 at 07:48 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Iceland Pano

Hi Kalina,

What a really cool shot you have here. Very well done. It looks like you had a good trip from the look of this shot. As to noise, I don't see any, but you shouldn't get any noise from downsizing, it doesn't work that way.

Jim

Mar 27, 2013 at 07:59 PM
kalina54
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Iceland Pano

Thanks Jim, good to know. It just looked very pixelated when I downsized it.

Mar 27, 2013 at 08:11 PM
Jglaser757
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Iceland Pano

Love this shot,,,,is it me or should the water reflection of the sky be blue and not brown? is there something funky in the water? Speaking of reflections,,its great,,that water is so still,,beautiful capture,,

Mar 28, 2013 at 07:07 PM
kalina54
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Iceland Pano

Thank you for your kind words. The reason that the water is so brown is because while I was visiting Iceland they had an epic storm that deluged the country with massive amounts of rain. This is all from runoff. Out of the 14 days that i was there it poured 12 of those and on the other two days it drizzled. I guess that I shall have to go back to capture a reflection with blue water.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Jglaser757
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Iceland Pano

kalina54 wrote:
Thank you for your kind words. The reason that the water is so brown is because while I was visiting Iceland they had an epic storm that deluged the country with massive amounts of rain. This is all from runoff. Out of the 14 days that i was there it poured 12 of those and on the other two days it drizzled. I guess that I shall have to go back to capture a reflection with blue water.

I'm headed there in September and can't wait to shoot this area. Do you have any isolated shots of the lagoon. I can't wait to see

Mar 29, 2013 at 05:55 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.