Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

Rick VB
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

This was Hope College women's first home game of the season. I only made it to second half of the game but managed to get some shots. This was also the first lacrosse game I have ever been at so there was some learning curve in following the action. The game was on the soccer field and the small ball can be hard to follow compared to a soccer ball. Hope dominated the game and won 22-1 with about 90% of the action taking place in Hope's offensive end. Thanks for looking and C&C are always appreciated.

Mar 27, 2013 at 06:12 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

3 more.

Mar 27, 2013 at 06:13 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

The images are nicely exposed, sharp, good WB. In #6, crop the Hope player portrait, the player to left doesn't add anything to the shot.

However, it would help to see some other types of shots, e.g. close battles between some players, and, w/ that score (meaning more shots on goal) at least a couple of shots (if you have them) of the Hope girls shooting.

Chris

Mar 27, 2013 at 07:27 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

Chris, thanks for the comments. I can see your point on #6. As far as pics of the Hope girls shooting, that was one of the things I had in mind to capture before I got there. Unfortunately I was stuck on the sideline and unable to access the end of the field behind the goal. So no shots of shooting toward the goal - something I want to get next time out.

Mar 27, 2013 at 07:59 PM
jmcaverly
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

Nice photos. Glad to see you got outside to shoot in this weather. It has been really cold here in Michigan.

Mar 27, 2013 at 09:25 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · W. Lacrosse Hope v. Loras for C&C

Thanks jmcacerly. I've been itching to get outside but this game was in the 30's and windy. By the end of the 30 minute half I could barely feel the shutter button anymore. Some warm weather would be nice.

Mar 28, 2013 at 06:18 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.