Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Badwater Sunset

JameelH
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Badwater Sunset

It was my first trip to the Death Valley NP last week. I wish it was a couple of weeks sooner as the weather had started to heat up and we encountered 100 degrees on a couple of days with mid to upper 90s on other days. The salt polygons weren't to be found in their pristine shape in the badwater area. There was quite a bit of haze as well due to the heat build up.

Didn't make it to the race track this time. Talking with people who had gone there during our trip, it turns out wasn't a bad decision. Apparently people have been taking the stones from there. Most people found only one or two. On the good side they are grading the roads and one guy I talked to made it there in his Subaru Outback.

Just started sorting and processing the photos. Here is one from Badwater during sunset.

Mar 27, 2013 at 06:21 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Badwater Sunset

Well.. nice photo you have. I would not mind of having water at the Badwater so I could have this nice reflection anyway. The salt crust at the Badwater was not pretty when I went there in February. Also what a disappointment at the Racetrack! Almost no stones.. only small stones... Thanks for sharing your picture.
~Kee

Mar 27, 2013 at 06:30 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Badwater Sunset

Nicely done on the image Jamie, though the reflection seems brighter than the rest of the scene.

It would be horrible if there were only 1 or 2 rocks left at the racetrack, and though there seems to be problems with people messing with the rocks, I think the people you talked to might have just gone to the Grandstand area and didn't go further south to where most of the rocks are located.

Mar 27, 2013 at 07:16 PM
JameelH
• • •
p.1 #4 · Badwater Sunset

Here is another from the same area, but a different day

Mar 29, 2013 at 01:24 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Badwater Sunset

Both are nice...how far did you walk in the bad water area to look for polygons? as for the race track..that sux!

Mar 29, 2013 at 01:30 AM
JameelH
• • •
p.1 #6 · Badwater Sunset

We walked quite a bit - both on the viewpoint side as well as drive through the west side off road.

Mar 29, 2013 at 01:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Badwater Sunset

JameelH wrote:
Here is another from the same area, but a different day

This is really lovely. Bravo!
Kee

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:28 AM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Badwater Sunset

Love #1 - that is an amazing reflection. #2 is really nice but seems a little noisy.

Mar 29, 2013 at 03:45 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Badwater Sunset

Beautiful shots Jameel. I like both very much
David

Mar 29, 2013 at 08:43 AM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Badwater Sunset

Two great shots. I like the second one better. Something different.
Harsha

Mar 29, 2013 at 06:03 PM
JameelH
• • •
p.1 #11 · Badwater Sunset

Thanks all for the all the nice words. It is definitely a place that needs multiple visits for sure.

Jameel

Mar 29, 2013 at 06:46 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password