New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nik help with new Google Package install

Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nik help with new Google Package install

I have installed HDR Efex Pro 2 into CS6, and have been told that the new Google Nik package does not uninstall the old version. So what would be the best way to uninstall my old HDR Efex, and install the new Google Nik package ?

Mar 27, 2013 at 08:37 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nik help with new Google Package install

The installer will overwrite the current versions so no need to uninstall. If however you had HDR Efex 1 it would leave it on your system.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nik help with new Google Package install

Thank You !

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nik help with new Google Package install

WAYCOOL wrote:
The installer will overwrite the current versions so no need to uninstall.

On my Mac, the installer did not remove the old versions. In fact, it created a new folder called "Nik collection" for the files and left unaltered the original folder "Nik software."

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nik help with new Google Package install

Older versions stay current versions get written over of all the plug-ins not just HDR Efex1. On both my PC and Mac the current versions did not duplicate and on PC HDR Efex1 stayed.

Josh Haftel from Nik support wrote on Google+
+Jan Kabili The Nik Collection will work just fine with previous products like Color Efex Pro 3, Silver Efex Pro 1, HDR Efex Pro 1, etc. If you still find value in those older products, please keep them installed. The Nik Collection will automatically upgrade only the current products, and will leave those older products installed. If you don't want them, visit the support site for uninstall instructions: support.google.com/nikcollection
Josh Haftel
+Mark F The Nik Collection contains all of the Nik plug-ins. The installer will replace the old Nik Software versions of Color Efex Pro 4, HDR Efex Pro 2, Silver Efex Pro 2, Viveza 2, Sharpener Pro 3, and Dfine 2. It will leave older products alone, like Color Efex Pro 3, Silver Efex Pro 1, HDR Efex Pro 1, etc. You really don't want two copies of the same product on your system 

Mar 27, 2013 at 01:36 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.