Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

Frogfish
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

Having just completed 5 weeks in this wonderful country I am working my way through thousands of files ! Many are of my prime interest, birds, however no-one in their right mind could go to NZ and not marvel at the amazing landscapes.

These are from around Fox (the village close to Fox Glacier) and the road down to (Lake) Wanaka - one of the most, if not THE most, beautiful road trips I've ever been lucky enough to have the pleasure of driving.

Edited on Mar 27, 2013 at 03:39 PM · View previous versions

Mar 27, 2013 at 04:37 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

What cool views of New Zealand, that is on my wish list of places to go. #3 and 4 are my favorites. In both #1 and 2, while the view must have been amazing, the shots themselves don't really capture my attention. Back to #3, though it is my favorite, the WB is clearly off in it, you might want to go back over that one. And then in the rest, I am not sure what happened, but clouds should be, white or gray or even black on occasion, but many of the clouds in these shots are cyan, that doesn't look right. Perhaps pushed too much?

Jim

Mar 27, 2013 at 06:34 AM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #3 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

JimFox wrote:
What cool views of New Zealand, that is on my wish list of places to go. #3 and 4 are my favorites. In both #1 and 2, while the view must have been amazing, the shots themselves don't really capture my attention. Back to #3, though it is my favorite, the WB is clearly off in it, you might want to go back over that one. And then in the rest, I am not sure what happened, but clouds should be, white or gray or even black on occasion, but many of the clouds in these shots are cyan, that
...Show more

Thanks Jim - I really appreciate the tips, being relatively new to landscape (other than the traditional holiday snaps) I seem to have the most problem with the WB and hue. I've adjusted #3 & 4 and also the one below.

The problem I'm having with all of these is that the sky in NZ is the most amazing blue I've ever seen, it's unreal - and I've lived in Africa, Europe and Asia. It's just stunning, whether that's the lack of pollution in the atmosphere or the lack of ozone above NZ (biggest ozone hole on earth) I really don't know but I've never seen anything that deep.

Hope it's OK I've added this one, it's after midnight here (well in 5 mins) But I'd like to know if you are seeing the same incorrect WB or cyan clouds as it looks good on my iMac - maybe my monitor needs colour calibrating ?

Edited on Mar 27, 2013 at 04:19 PM · View previous versions

Mar 27, 2013 at 03:53 PM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #4 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

i can relate. I have done this 4 times already and NZ remains to be my favorite place. did you get any sunrise, sunset shots from fox river? lake matheson or lake mapourika?

oh wait that last shot is from the first deck of lake matheson right? youve to get up before sunrise to get a good spot on reflection island before the people come in. and mt cook and mt tasman only becomes clear an hour or so after sunrise from that end.

Mar 27, 2013 at 04:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #5 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

ctlim wrote:
i can relate. I have done this 4 times already and NZ remains to be my favorite place. did you get any sunrise, sunset shots from fox river? lake matheson or lake mapourika?

oh wait that last shot is from the first deck of lake matheson right? youve to get up before sunrise to get a good spot on reflection island before the people come in. and mt cook and mt tasman only becomes clear an hour or so after sunrise from that end.

Hi CT. Actually I didn't get any attractive sunrise/sunset shots, very disappointing (of course traveling around so much it's difficult to know where the best spots actually are). It seemed that always the best sunsets / sunrises were hidden behind mountain ranges Yet I have seen some spectacular shots taken there - just not wherever we were at the time !

Yes the last shot is from Lake Mathieson (second deck, from the first you can't see the mountains) in Fox - no wind and stationary clouds meant we couldn't hang around with 300kms to drive that day

It's an absolutely gorgeous location so I can see why you want to return again and again - we will too.

Mar 28, 2013 at 03:28 AM
zesto
• •
p.1 #6 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

Frogfish, I think you made a wonderful job of photographing those spots. What lens were you using on the D600 for the Lake Mathieson shot, may I ask?

Mar 29, 2013 at 05:50 AM
Frogfish
• • • •
p.1 #7 · New Zealand 2013 - Part 1 - Fox to Wanaka

zesto wrote:
Frogfish, I think you made a wonderful job of photographing those spots. What lens were you using on the D600 for the Lake Mathieson shot, may I ask?

Thank you Zesto

I used the Zeiss 21mm.

Mar 29, 2013 at 08:04 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password