Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Snowcross picture sets, first time editing..

jcavard

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Snowcross picture sets, first time editing..

Hey!

I would like to have your whatever comments on this small sets, good or bad.. It's the first time I ever try editing photos beyond simple croping. I shot in RAW, not that I really know what I'm doing, just playing around with my camera. I edited in photoshop, playing around with exposure, and tweaking curves and such.. Still colors appear "burnt" on some places I also added a funky logo and credit watermark.. maybe is that too much?

thanks.

Mar 27, 2013 at 01:56 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Snowcross picture sets, first time editing..

Congrats on taking the step into RAW and editing.

These have got a certain (heavy handed) vibe to them that probably works okay for the subject matter. Learning to edit (imo) is all about garnering the control over your image to bring it to how it is you want it to be ... whether that is with refined technically accuracy or in your face alternative creativity. While these appear to have technical refinement issues in the shadows & highlights, etc. (i.e. "burnt") ... I think they still convey your "vibed" message.

Developing your skills and style are kinda like learning to ride ... the more you do it and diligently pay attention to what you are doing, the better you get at handling a variety of terrain. But, that first time is easy to get overwhelmed by the rush of power, till you learn to harness it with control.

Kudos at getting onboard for the ride, looks like a good time was had.

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password