Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

Travis Rhoads
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

I just brought the levels up, to reveal the halo a little more than you would normally see. it shows it more that way. Its such a cool shot, and it seems to warrant the effort you have put in...

Mar 26, 2013 at 03:26 PM
helenica
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

The halo's are definitely visible. Perhaps you should try a different processing software/technique. As far as the foto's go, I like the second version most.

Mar 26, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

gordon l wrote:
I like B&W. Like you, I've had a tough time knowing how to manage the white balance with badlands that have so many unusual colors wiht the warm sunrise light. I like what you've done, all three. Which is the best? I cannot say.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. Much appreciated.

Mar 26, 2013 at 05:56 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

helenica wrote:
The halo's are definitely visible. Perhaps you should try a different processing software/technique. As far as the foto's go, I like the second version most.

Thanks Helen for your comments.

Mar 26, 2013 at 05:58 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

You captured some very dramatic lighting with the darker background. I like the B&W a lot, and the third quite a bit as well.

Dave

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:54 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I just brought the levels up, to reveal the halo a little more than you would normally see. it shows it more that way. Its such a cool shot, and it seems to warrant the effort you have put in...

Yes, it is very interesting to be able to see the halo in your edited version. Yes, it is time for me to invest in a different way of processing as Helen puts it. Thanks Travis!

~Kee

Mar 27, 2013 at 04:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

dalongfellow wrote:
You captured some very dramatic lighting with the darker background. I like the B&W a lot, and the third quite a bit as well.

Dave

Hi, Dave. I am glad that you like the #3 as well as B&W. After I played with WB, I decided to add #3 photo, because I like that myself as well. Thanks again.

~Kee

Mar 27, 2013 at 04:25 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

I like the basic image, Kee.
The question is how to process it.
My preference is between #1 (too bright) and #2 (too colorful). #3 just about hits the right chord for me.
But the choices are up to you, of course

About the formation of Death Valley, Lake Manley, and the erosion that formed the shapes we see near Zabrisky Point- the following covers them pretty well- especially the section on geology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley

Charlie

Mar 28, 2013 at 02:19 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

Charlie Shugart wrote:
I like the basic image, Kee.
The question is how to process it.
My preference is between #1 (too bright) and #2 (too colorful). #3 just about hits the right chord for me.
But the choices are up to you, of course

About the formation of Death Valley, Lake Manley, and the erosion that formed the shapes we see near Zabrisky Point- the following covers them pretty well- especially the section on geology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley

Charlie

Humm.. I thought #1 BW is not that bright but.. Yes, I myself like the #3 a lot. Thanks for the educational link. Death Valley is quite a fascinating place overall.
Kee

Edited on Mar 28, 2013 at 05:34 AM · View previous versions

Mar 28, 2013 at 05:19 AM
Brenton Biggs
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

Its a tough call for me, Rhee. I enjoy the black and white, but the colors are very nice in the third image. Beautiful work all around!

Mar 28, 2013 at 05:26 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Yes, Manly Beacon.. First Light!

Brenton Biggs wrote:
Its a tough call for me, Rhee. I enjoy the black and white, but the colors are very nice in the third image. Beautiful work all around!

Hi, Brenton,
Thanks for your nice comments. Good day!
Kee

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password