Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              9       10       end

Archive 2013 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

60 minutes after placing the order for the combination pack I received the free upgrade email from Google. I M now trying to get a refund.

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:55 PM
cjrpostma

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Hmm I bought the entire suite just before they released HDR Efex 2 (that is the only piece out of date for me) and I have not received an upgrade email. Hoping I get one from Google.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Not sure anyone else has noticed this but, There used to be a web page on the Nik site where you could check the version of each plug-in. That is now MIA and in PS if you go to your settings in each of the plug-ins and choose update now, nada, no updates* (*if you kept your software up to date that is). So me thinks the only update you are getting from the email is the Google branding.

I find it troublesome that the version info is missing, no way to follow back to Nik to see if you have the latest version and the revision date and more importantly, whether or not they are in a real support mode rather than sell a bunch to recoup revenue, never upgrade it and dump it down the road.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Chainshot
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I got the same email for the free d/l. Do any of the programs work with CS2 ? I d/l and saved the file anyway. But, haven't tried running it, since I'm still on CS2.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Just purchased and got the posted discount too. Thanks for that! Great supplement to PS and Lightroom.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
328iGuy
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Chainshot wrote:
I got the same email for the free d/l. Do any of the programs work with CS2 ? I d/l and saved the file anyway. But, haven't tried running it, since I'm still on CS2.

I doubt it to be honest, previous didn't. CS2 is quite out dated at this point.

Mar 26, 2013 at 01:23 AM
jeffstarkovich

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

First Nikon gets me with the lens rebates (bought at 24-70 today), and now Nik gets me again with the price drop. I've been wanting Silver Efex for the longest time. My first foray into it with a few photos in my collection during the last 20 minutes. Needless to say, I'm terribly excited about this.

2013-01-12 at 10-52-33 - Version 2 by jeffstarkovich, on Flickr

2013-03-16 at 09-15-14 by jeffstarkovich, on Flickr

2013-03-24 at 17-44-50 by jeffstarkovich, on Flickr

Mar 26, 2013 at 02:54 AM
Barry Gossage

p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Jman13 wrote:
My download (which is the upgrade from my previously owned plugins...just completing the collection) also didn't have any sort of a license key either, but I had links for mac or windows. I do find it odd there's no key. Wonder what's going on with that.

The email I got says because I have purchased other Nik products, I get to download the rest of the whole set for free. So they already know I have license keys for my other products. If they didn't reinvent the wheel by changing product keys when they picked up Nik, all they have to do is associate any one of my current keys as a master for all the products I d/l.

As for what's going on with the price drop, I get the impression this is the 10 cent cup of coffee being offered today that gets us to buy into the 3 dollar piece pie that goes with it, later on.

But I have a another strange idea I think might deserve some discussion.... if current plugin offerings are being discounted heavily, (the term 'fire sale' comes to mind....) what if plugin companies are getting ready for the "next big thing?" E-products. Any plugin or program that won't easily update or port to E-products may just be getting unloaded now.

Food for thought.

Mar 26, 2013 at 03:41 AM
mshi
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

What they're trying to achieve is to get more users on board before they finally switch to the cloud-only version that charges monthly subscription fees.

Mar 26, 2013 at 03:59 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Chainshot wrote:

Photoshop 4-6
Lightroom 3-4

Those are compatible

Mar 26, 2013 at 06:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Barry Gossage wrote:
The email I got says because I have purchased other Nik products, I get to download the rest of the whole set for free. So they already know I have license keys for my other products. If they didn't reinvent the wheel by changing product keys when they picked up Nik, all they have to do is associate any one of my current keys as a master for all the products I d/l.

As for what's going on with the price drop, I get the impression this is the 10 cent cup of coffee being offered today that gets us
...Show more

There is no KEY to insert when you download it. You just install it without the need of any serial number or similar things.

Mar 26, 2013 at 06:51 AM
lsquare
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Lars Johnsson wrote:
There is no KEY to insert when you download it. You just install it without the need of any serial number or similar things.

There's no registration key or any form of activation? If so, what's there to stop people from distributing the product and costing Google millions of dollars?

Mar 26, 2013 at 07:36 AM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

How do you guys do this.
I bought a few modules back in 2009 and registered the products, but I only can get an update for the purchased products not the suite. No email so far.

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:01 AM
mirageII
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I got my reply from NIK following my query as to sketchy info on the contents of the package.

Thank you for contacting Nik by Google.

Yes I am happy to confirm that the Complete Collection is the full version, compatible with Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture. This package will also include the complete set of filters.

We have lowered the price in order to reach a broader audience as well as to stay competitive with other products out on the market. I cannot comment on future release dates as that specific information has not been made available to me. Rest assured we will continue to develop the software and offer the same level of support.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or visit support.google.com/nikcollection to call our Customer Service Department Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST.

Best Regards,

Christopher

Nik by Google, Inc. | Photography firstŪ

Bargain, bought, downloaded, installed and happy

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:42 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Chris Dees wrote:
How do you guys do this.
I bought a few modules back in 2009 and registered the products, but I only can get an update for the purchased products not the suite. No email so far.

I don't know but I have only seen the people from the US getting that info about a free upgrade

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:19 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

lsquare wrote:
There's no registration key or any form of activation? If so, what's there to stop people from distributing the product and costing Google millions of dollars?

Probably nothing will stop that. And a key or activation will not stop it either. If I like I can buy any software here in Bangkok (in shops) for about $ 3, and that include eveything from Adobe or NIK

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:22 AM
Ho1972
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Any option to pick only the filters you want or does the single installer mean you have to install them all?

Mar 26, 2013 at 09:27 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

It install the entire suite

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Chris Dees
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Lars Johnsson wrote:
I don't know but I have only seen the people from the US getting that info about a free upgrade

No, a friend (in the Netherlands) got an email as well.
Looked in my spam box, but no email from Nik/Google
I dropped an email at the Customer Service, perhaps they can send me the email.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
328iGuy
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Chris Dees wrote:
No, a friend (in the Netherlands) got an email as well.
Looked in my spam box, but no email from Nik/Google
I dropped an email at the Customer Service, perhaps they can send me the email.

Yes they seem to be prompt at responding to emails on this, looking at other forums. I had no issue, I recieved the email midday yesterday.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password