Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

3              9       10       end

Archive 2013 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

OnOne also dropped their price to $149 for upgrade to Photosuite 7

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite7/

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:19 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.2 #2 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

howardm4 wrote:
Maybe Google bought them (Nik) for the team's 'expertise' and they are dumping it but conversely, maybe they realized that, like the products from Topaz, high-margin plugins are not a particularly viable business model. By bringing the price way down, they are sure to get more sales volume.

+1

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:22 PM
15Bit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I always wondered about plugins for photoshop that cost almost as much as photoshop itself. At 150 Euros though, they are a much more attractive prospect. And as Lars pointed out, its nice to see fairer pricing for european customers.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Sunny Sra wrote:
OnOne also dropped their price to $149 for upgrade to Photosuite 7

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite7/

It has been that price all the time. They have promotions every second week

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:37 PM
mogul
• •
p.2 #5 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

This can have a devastating effect on other SW developers, a whole lot of price competition. The EU will probably take Google to court because of anti trust reasons. The Europeans are so used to paying top dollar, they don't understand real price competitiveness; their VAT take will go down substantially.

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:21 PM
VernH
• •
p.2 #6 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I just downloaded the NIK from my email, however, cannot open.
Vern

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:28 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

mogul wrote:
This can have a devastating effect on other SW developers, a whole lot of price competition. The EU will probably take Google to court because of anti trust reasons. The Europeans are so used to paying top dollar, they don't understand real price competitiveness; their VAT take will go down substantially.

What about C1Pro's free trial? People can easily turn that into a permanent freebie, can't they?

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:33 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

VernH wrote:
I just downloaded the NIK from my email, however, cannot open.
Vern

Same here.

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:34 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

mshi wrote:
What about C1Pro's free trial? People can easily turn that into a permanent freebie, can't they?

Yup, you just need to get a serial code that works. The same as for almost every other software package on the market...

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:40 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.2 #10 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

15Bit wrote:
Yup, you just need to get a serial code that works. The same as for almost every other software package on the market...

no, you don't.

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

VernH
• •
p.2 #11 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Add .exe to the file name and it will work. At my age I can't remenber how to do anything.
Vern

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

VernH wrote:
Add .exe to the file name and it will work. At my age I can't remenber how to do anything.
Vern

Yup, was just about to post that.

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I just bought the NIK software from Google. I used the discount code in the thread also. $ 126,65 was the price including the Swedish VAT of $ 25,33.
Thanks for the link to the Google NIK and the discount code

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:17 PM
verbiage
• •
p.2 #14 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Watch out for a phishing attempt associated with this offer!

I just got an email purporting to be from "Nik Collection by Google" stubbornly linking to click.mailus.nicksoftware.com throughout the message, which is quite suspicious, to say the least. Interesting that not only is it based on a real offer, but also is apparently using NIK's real customer database - they even got my full first name right, which I hardly ever use (a security breach at Google?)

Just something to watch out for - and better go directly to NIK website to take advantage of the offer.

Here's the email I got from the "other NIK" (just a screen capture, no links):

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:36 PM
sailingpilot
• •
p.2 #15 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Hmmm - I got that email as well. Being the ever-suspicious one, I looked up the NIK customer service # from an old email and called - they say the offer and email are legit.

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:46 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

That's the same e-mail I got, and if it's phishing, it's either super sophisticated or very poor, as the link brings you directly to the file and starts downloading the collection, which works beautifully. So, it can't really be phishing, since I didn't have to put any information in at all, and if it's some sort of spyware, then they shrouded it in a fully complete working version of the full Google branded Nik complete collection. Oh, and they used their phishing server with Nik's own actual domain name.

However, if your link truly went to "mailus.nicksoftware.com" then that is sophisticated, as the true link goes to "click.mailus.niksoftware.com". Just adding one little 'c' in the name.

In other words, I'm pretty sure my e-mail is legit.

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:05 PM
verbiage
• •
p.2 #17 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

sailingpilot wrote:
Hmmm - I got that email as well. Being the ever-suspicious one, I looked up the NIK customer service # from an old email and called - they say the offer and email are legit.

Hmmm indeed - why the weird urls & email address in the email? Am going to ask them this question...

Taking suspicion to a new level since 1973.

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:09 PM
verbiage
• •
p.2 #18 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Jman13 wrote:
That's the same e-mail I got, and if it's phishing, it's either super sophisticated or very poor, as the link brings you directly to the file and starts downloading the collection, which works beautifully. So, it can't really be phishing, since I didn't have to put any information in at all, and if it's some sort of spyware, then they shrouded it in a fully complete working version of the full Google branded Nik complete collection. Oh, and they used their phishing server with Nik's own actual domain name.

However, if your link truly went to "mailus.nicksoftware.com" then that is
...Show more

Um, the extra "c" is just a typo - all mine, too Okay then, I guess it is legit.

Slav Kovalsky

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:12 PM
sic0048
• •
p.2 #19 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

pr4photos wrote:
Wow, thats Google selling it off cheap because they are dumping it as a product they don't want!

Ummmm, NO!

Google all too often buys companies for a piece of software or patent with no interest in the product they are currently making. There was a lot of speculation that Google did this with Nik because they wanted Snapseed. However, in every case that Google has done this, they simply let of original product die by never releasing or selling any of those products/software under the Google name.

I've experienced this first hand with SageTV. SageTV was an incredible DVR system that Google bought up and immediately took off the market. The speculation is they are somehow integrating it into GoogleTV. However, Google is never going to sell another SageTV license or product because they don't want to support it.

The shear fact that Google is selling this version under the Google name tells me that Google absolutely wants to continue the life cycle. Google isn't in the business of selling products and licenses for products (and therefore adding to the customers they must support) if they are planning on killing off the product.

Now I cannot assure people that Google will not one day loose interest in Nik and eventually kill it off. But that is clearly NOT in the plans right now.

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Mark Booth
• • •
p.2 #20 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Google sent me an email with the free offer, too! Excellent! All of my previous NIK versions were so old they didn't work with either Photoshop CS6 or Aperture 3. As infrequently as I use the plug-ins, I simply wasn't going to spend any more money to keep them upgraded. NIK had already received enough $$$ from me!

THANK YOU GOOGLE!!

Mark

Edited on Mar 25, 2013 at 09:59 PM · View previous versions

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:47 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password