Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              9       10       end

Archive 2013 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Massive Nik Software Price Drop
Nik Software unveiled the Nik Collection by Google, the company's complete suite of six photo-editing plugins.
The full collection is now on sale for $149.
*For a limited time, you may use the Discount code: mu-43 for an additional 15%. ($126.65)

Those who purchased one or more Nik plugins in the past will get the full Nik Collection for free.

Included on the Bundle: HDR Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, Silver Efex Pro 2, Viveza 2, Sharpener Pro 3, and Dfine 2.

http://www.niksoftware.com/nikcollection/usa

Nik Collection by Google

Mar 30, 2013 at 04:42 PM
foghorn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Entire suite is now $149. I am shocked. That is a vast difference.
Should be a hit.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:29 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Wow, thats Google selling it off cheap because they are dumping it as a product they don't want!

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Wow. Sort of wish I'd waited to buy Silver Efex Pro.

Sad that it is likely because they are going to kill it completely. It's really a shame. On the other hand, OnOne just got happy.

I've been trying the onOne Perfect B&W, and I like it quite a bit, actually. While not quite as powerful overall, the presets are pretty awesome, and there's still quite a bit of fine control. Still getting used to that interface, though. Still, it's nice that they seem to be producing some quality stuff that may fill the niche that Google is apparently determined to create with the Nik stuff.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:44 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Maybe Google bought them (Nik) for the team's 'expertise' and they are dumping it but conversely, maybe they realized that, like the products from Topaz, high-margin plugins are not a particularly viable business model. By bringing the price way down, they are sure to get more sales volume.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:47 PM
mirageII
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I just dropped them an email and the automated reply indicates a sell off before some new software is released....

Thank you for contacting Nik Software. We have received your question and due to new software releases, our response time is currently 1-2 business days. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST.

For more information about our products, go to www.niksoftware.com. Online lessons can be found at www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/

For Technical Support questions, please visit our Support FAQs.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
Nik Software, Inc. | Photography first®

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

That'd be cool. I don't really have a need for the other stuff in the complete collection, as I've acquired HDR Efex, Silver Efex and Color Efex (yes, I know for the price of all 3, I could have purchased the collection, but staggering allowed me to buy them in installments. )

If they are updating the line now, it'll be interesting to see what sort of improvements will be made.

Interestingly, it also seems you can't purchase the plugins individually at the moment. Only the collection.

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:12 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Google has never said anything other than they will continue with the product and continuing with its development. Google killed reader so the must me killing Nik... a unfounded assumption if I ever heard one. I've even read where costumers won't buy the Collection because they assume it won't be updated. Perhaps sales are down because of such unfounded speculation and Google just trying to make the suite more attractive.

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:11 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

You may not have a need for the entire collection but you can get it free if you like.

From the story on Digital Photography Review Connect

"I talked to Josh Haftel, Product Manager at Google, who told me that this new bundle is all but identical to the previously available versions, with the only changes of note being an all-in-one installer, and Google branding. He also commented that Google plans to continue to develop and support Nik software’s plugins, saying:

“We definitely plan to continue developing and evolving the software. This is our first release and by bringing this under the Google brand, we hope to show our commitment not only to Nik users, but to the photography community at large.”

If you previously bought any of these plugins, Google isn’t going to leave you in the cold for already having dropped a lot of money. If you purchased any individual plugin within the last five years, you get the entire collection for free. If you spent more than $149 on plugins since February 22nd of this year, you’ll be refunded the difference."

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/4452357456/google-nik-software-plugins

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:25 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

well, I took the $$ plunge and yes, the new collection is Google branded but oddly enough they dropped support for Photoshop5 (LR3,4 and PS6 is supported, maybe more) and at no point during installation or use, did they provide or ask for a serial #.

Are they creating customer customized binaries on-the-fly?

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Yeah, I just got the email to download the rest of the collection for free. Sweet!

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:45 PM
gse53
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Yeah, I just got the email to download the rest of the collection for free. Sweet!

So did I
I have, and use, Silver Efex Pro 2, HDR Efex 2 and Vivesa 2

Sweet is an understatement!!

Thank you Google, but is this the end of the road for the plug-ins? I hope not

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:58 PM
vandrv

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I just got the email as well. I already own the whole collection except for HDR Efex, but getting that for free somewhat eases the pain over how much I paid for the rest of them.

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:06 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

WAYCOOL wrote:
Google has never said anything other than they will continue with the product and continuing with its development. Google killed reader so the must me killing Nik... a unfounded assumption if I ever heard one. I've even read where costumers won't buy the Collection because they assume it won't be updated. Perhaps sales are down because of such unfounded speculation and Google just trying to make the suite more attractive.

They also killed of snapseed for desktops (PC & MAC)
http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2013/03/google-kills-snapseed-desktop-app

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:20 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I ordered mine received the links to download the software and low and behold both links contain the Mac version. No windows version. I contacted support and am awaiting a reply. I also did not receive a license key which I think is odd.

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:28 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

It must be the first a Software company sell it cheaper for European customers. The EU tax (VAT) is included in the price. But they will add sale tax for US customers. I belive it was 499 Euro before !!!

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

My download (which is the upgrade from my previously owned plugins...just completing the collection) also didn't have any sort of a license key either, but I had links for mac or windows. I do find it odd there's no key. Wonder what's going on with that.

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:34 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

at the very least the following code works for another discount

DZISER

I assume most of the other discount codes will work too.

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:44 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

Doh! The email has been sitting in my inbox for the past 2 hours.

Edited on Mar 25, 2013 at 06:21 PM · View previous versions

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:07 PM
RKnecht
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nik Collection by Google for $126

I was going to buy Siler Efex and Viveza for CS6 last week. So glad I waited, as I just downloaded the entire collection for free. Made my day.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:07 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password