New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

hnaa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

Hey all, I am looking for a backpack to carry a Profoto 7B (hopefully with a LiFe battery soon...) a ProB head, a Canon 1D3 and a 24-70mm lens. Yes, I'll get a workout :-). I am looking at a Tamrac Expedition 9x, but maybe one of you have a better idea?

Mar 24, 2013 at 06:37 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

Just yesterday I saw a cool electronic catalog from Profoto (sent along by David Hobby). Page 56 and 57 have an article and short video with Jeremy Cowart showing how he travels. He doesn't mention the bag model, but it looks like a Think Tank Airport Security v2. Check it out here: http://digital.turn-page.com/i/112608?utm_source=Strobist&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=Flipbook%2B2013

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:28 PM
chaddoyon
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

Jeremy's bag certainly does look like the airport security. However, he is traveling with the acute pack and not the 7B pack. One thing for sure, you don't want to be using this bag as a backpack. While it does have the ability, it's just not sensible.

I believe Joey L. uses a Kata bag for the 7B. I'm sure you could find the model easy enough.

That said, I store my 7B kit (lighting only) in the airport security bag and roll with it. Needless to say it weighs quite a bit.

-Chad

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:47 PM
Sheldon N
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

I use a Kata 3N1 30 for my Elinchrom Ranger, which is similar in size/weight. It won't hold your camera too, but it makes a nice backpack for the pack/head.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:05 PM
hnaa
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the Kata, I think that was JoeyL uses too. The 7B is a bit more of a cube than the Elinchrom Ranger though, hope that won't be a problem.

Mar 27, 2013 at 03:34 AM
zurkzees
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

I use a Targus 16” CityGear Backpack.
7B + head + camera/lens taken apart
in lowepro lens/camera pouch.

Mar 30, 2013 at 01:28 PM
ltlouis96
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Backpack for Profoto 7B?

Hi just use a regular backpack if you keeping with you. Save money that way. For my acute pack and heads I use a pelican case and cut to foam to match. I save money compare to tena and the best part it's water proof.

Good luck.

Mar 31, 2013 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.