Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Road Atlanta

John Webb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Road Atlanta

Posted in error to the nikon forum instead of the sports forum. My apologies .

Went out in the rain and mist to Road Atlanta for the Porsche Club Track day and race.
Image is of my brother driving a 997 Twin Turbo. Shot about 500 images over the last two days lots of processing before me.
Critiques welcome as am new to shooting action and this was the 1st time out with the D800. Lens was the 24-120 @ f8.

Regards

Mar 24, 2013 at 06:20 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Road Atlanta

that is one sweet car...as far as the shot goes, for me, it is over cooked and not a particularly dynamic shot, but that is the locations fault more than yours. When shooting from that spot, get the car as it comes under the bridge, or down the hill to 12, as shot, the car is in a very static state, moving, but not loaded or interesting. Post some of the others from your set too. Would like to see them.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:45 AM
John Webb
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Road Atlanta

Travis thank you...Agree on all counts. Will post more as I process.

Thanks

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:54 AM
John Webb
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Road Atlanta

A few more of Tim and a team mates from Hallett Racing in GT3 RSR

300m f4 + 1.7 TC

300mm f4

300mm f4 + 1.7 TC

24-120 f4

Tried to tone down the processing on these.

Regards

Edited on Mar 25, 2013 at 01:55 PM · View previous versions

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Road Atlanta

Love the cars, like the shots...

The first one in the second post has enough context, but puts the car at the focal point - love this shot!
The rest have too much around the photos. I like the motion pans, but with 82.6% of the frame in blur, I get dizzy and lose the cars in the photo.
The others that have two cars, seem to have too much distracting track/gravel in the bg - epecially it being at the top, it just stands out ... to me.

I think there's a fine line between enough context, but keeping the focus on the cars. Tighter crops would do this...imo.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Road Atlanta

Like seeing the eyes and the loading on the cars in the second set...#1 and #3 I like the most....

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:54 PM
John Webb
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Road Atlanta

Thank You Hammy - tried to update with different crop but not seem to be doing it correctly. The file reflects the crop but when I update the link it does take?

Jefferson - Thank you. This was the 1st time shooting sports cars since 71. My brother races over at Hallett in Ok. This was his 1st time in the 997 as well as 1st time at Road Atlanta, so I had to go out and give it a try. Normally shoot things that stand fairly still like landscapes or models. Definitely a challenge but had a good time.

Mar 25, 2013 at 02:04 PM
John Webb
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Road Atlanta

Couple of additional images from the weekend.

Mar 26, 2013 at 08:01 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.