Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

papaglock
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

Would love to hear some constructive criticism!

Tony

Canon EOS-1D X    EF300mm f/2.8L USM lens    300mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 24, 2013 at 07:12 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

Tony: Colors are vivid. White balance looks good, as does exposure. But without the puck, there isn't any obvious point of focus to the action, even though player 21 draws initial attention being in the center of the frame and the sharpest subject. Additional elements that detract from the overall strength include partial players (leg on bottom right, OOF shoulder on left) and the tilted horizon. Bottom line is that it's likely the most interesting part of this action is not visible to us.

Mar 24, 2013 at 07:18 PM
papaglock
• •
p.1 #3 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

OK I see what you are saying. I do have some with the puck in play. Sometimes I try to get shots that show the facial expressions and zoom in tighter. Let me post a couple of my other shots and see what you think.

Thanks for the opinion!

Tony

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:40 PM
papaglock
• •
p.1 #4 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

Is this more of what you are talking about?

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CW100
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

papaglock wrote:

there's some puck action!

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM
--K--
• •
p.1 #6 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

Great shots, there's only one thing bothering me (personal) is the fact in the first one the whites are VERY white and the dark tones very dark... colors look great though!!!

Mar 27, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

papaglock wrote:

In terms of the absence of 'clutter' and a more defined point of focus, yes. But the action is lacking here (looks like maybe the whistle just blew since neither player looks to be working hard to get to the puck--could just be that you happened to capture a moment when both are between strides), and there is empty/wasted space on both sides of the image.

Mar 27, 2013 at 08:53 PM
capitalK
• • •
p.1 #8 · Ice Hockey WHL playoffs

In the playoffs I'd love to see more emotion. I want to see frustration, I want to see jubilation. In the playoffs they play with just a little more fire. Were there crazy fans? Tell us a story.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password