Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Cal Baseball

DTAV

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Cal Baseball

New to the forums as of 5 minutes ago, thought I'd get started off with one of my photos I took at a Cal ball game a couple weeks ago. Feel C&C Please

Mar 23, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Rick VB
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Cal Baseball

Welcome to the Sports Corner. The colors and sharpness in the image are great. It looks like this was during warmups so the background is distracting and I don't think the dead space to the right is adding much here. Maybe a vertical crop of just the pitcher? Thanks for sharing this and keep posting.

Mar 23, 2013 at 05:23 PM
gome1122
• • •
p.1 #3 · Cal Baseball

Great shot, but I have to agree with Rick, the background is very distracting. Especially for a gearhead like me .

Mar 24, 2013 at 03:05 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Cal Baseball

DT....Welcome to FM Sports...a great place to learn. Here are a few links that may answer some questions and help you out along the way.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/scrules.htm
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/Sports_links.htm

Regarding your shot....I agree with the other comments about the distracting BG. If you were to shoot tight and crop tight....you can eliminate some of those distractions and also wasted space...like to the right an left of your subject. Your exposure and focus is good and the colors pop.

For your next outing, keep in mind about framing the shot, straight horizons, with faces, expressions, the ball, eyes open, jubes, peak action.

Come back and post again soon.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Cal Baseball

Do you have anymore from this game?

Mar 24, 2013 at 01:48 PM
DTAV

p.1 #6 · Cal Baseball

Thanks everyone, the background is something i need to work on. Here is one of the other shots I got, which also has a rather distracting background.

Mar 24, 2013 at 04:18 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Cal Baseball

OK...I was going to say "no ball" but then I found it. Not much with a foul tip so they are just best left in the scrapper.

Again....nothing wrong with your exposure or sharpness....but get in tighter on the shot. If it is the batter - or the catcher....get right in there on him. Unless you were specifically trying to show the team watching the batter...there is loads of wasted space all around this shot.

I cropped just the batter to show how much of the distracting BG you can eliminate by cropping tighter. Then if you also shoot tighter....you won't have as much to crop..which sometimes makes an image look bad as well.

I see in your profile that you have a 300 2.8. Break that out and get in there with it. Your images are great....exposure and sharpness wise. Put the 300 on your 5D...shoot and crop tight and compare the results.

Also from that angle you shot at....get the shot with him making contact or time it so he is following thru on the swing.....like in the pic I attached.

Mar 24, 2013 at 07:33 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password