Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Help needed w/Epson R2400

Art Knight
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help needed w/Epson R2400

Hi, I am having trouble out-putting with my Epson r2400. Specific, out-put of shadow details are total black. This happens in B&W or Color. It would be great if someone in the Baltimore Md area could contact or meet to discuss possible fix. Though help of any kind will be appreciated. Owners manual has become a blur at this point. A straight print from the printer, all values are lowered but zones III & IV are just dumped into black. Thank you anyone for help. Art Knight

Mar 23, 2013 at 02:46 PM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help needed w/Epson R2400

What are you using for a paper/ink profile?
Are you letting Photoshop/Lightroom manage the colors or are you set to let printer manage colors?
What are you comparing the print to, is your monitor calibrated?

Often a mis-calibrated monitor (too bright) can cause your prints to appear too dark because you are mis-adjusting the print values.

More info might be helpful; what software? which operating system?

<Chas>

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:09 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help needed w/Epson R2400

well, you're going to need to provide some detail as to which application you're printing from, OS, paper, color-managed workflow?, etc etc

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Art Knight
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help needed w/Epson R2400

Sorry for the lack of info.. but at this point I am too confused to put into words all of the suggested questions.
Thanks anyway, but I will wait and make contact with Epson Tech when they reopen.

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:31 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password