Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Couple Double book Photographers...what to do?

CraigB1960

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Couple Double book Photographers...what to do?

Hi Drive_75, Please keep us updated on this situation. Hopefully, it will go away and lesson learned.

Thanks,
Craig

Mar 25, 2013 at 08:53 PM
swoop
• • •
p.2 #2 · Couple Double book Photographers...what to do?

drive_75 wrote:
I pointed out to him on my contract that it states that I am the only Photographer.

This is pretty much unenforceable in practice. While I understand why it gets put in into a lot of photographers contracts, when push comes to shove there's nothing you can do other than complain and/or walk out. Just think about the storm that will brew if you walked out and ended up in a courtroom trying to explain the couple was in breach of contract because someone else there had a camera.

If I was in this situation, I'd just shoot the wedding as I would any other. Prep, ceremony, formals, reception. If at any point they're unwilling or unable to be photographed due to time constraints or other limitations due to another photographer, they're just going to have to live with that. I was paid to provide a service and will do so to the best of my ability, they just need to be aware that having two photographers severely limits that ability.

Also, as far as working along side another photographer. If you plan to have a certain shot or be in a particular place, just let them know and hope they are courteous enough to not be in the way, or get what they need and take a step back once they have their shot.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Daboyle
• • •
p.2 #3 · Couple Double book Photographers...what to do?

I would also take a few photos of the other photographer if they were to get in the way of a shot for proof. That way if the couple ever got mad that you "missed" a shot, you could show them the photos and say, no - this was the issue and I am not responsible for the other guy - you were.

Mar 28, 2013 at 08:03 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password