Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Dell U2410?

jstntym
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Dell U2410?

I just purchased a U2410 monitor and a Spyder4 Pro version for the calibration. Would there be any calibration settings that I should do pre-calibration to maximize settings. The reason I'm asking is that I have read a thread or two where the folks give some personal manual settings. As obvious this is new to me with calibration software, or for that matters monitor calibration itself, and want to get an edge...Thanks!

Mar 23, 2013 at 02:37 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Dell U2410?

I just left mine at default and calibrated. The software had me adjust the brightness, and thats all the input i made.

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:52 PM
ventieldopje

p.1 #3 · Dell U2410?

It's often recommended to set the monitor preset to "Standard" and then start calibrating, for the best results.

Also see this page for a comparison between profiles and calibration results: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2410.htm

Btw, I got it as well and calibrated mine with a Spyder 3 Expres, it's a great monitor and is always spot on with prints!

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
S Richardson

p.1 #4 · Dell U2410?

I have the same combination monitor and calibration tool. Like others have said, start with the default setting and calibrate. Works great!

Mar 25, 2013 at 02:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Allynb
• • •
p.1 #5 · Dell U2410?

Normally the software will ask you to reset the monitor to the factory default and then begin calibration

Mar 25, 2013 at 02:44 PM
Z_man
• •
p.1 #6 · Dell U2410?

The U2410 is factory calibrated and comes with a certification as to the settings made at the factory. Mine is perfectly calibrated, and I wouldn't try to calibrate it differently.

Mar 31, 2013 at 01:00 AM
jstntym
• •
p.1 #7 · Dell U2410?

Thanks for the replies folks. I finally got around to using the spyder software, and as others mentioned, it required an initial small adjustment to the brightness levels to get started. After the software ran it's program I was able to view the "before" and "after" results side by side, and the spyder calibrated result was very impressive and preferred. I'm happy with the results!

Apr 06, 2013 at 02:38 PM
CanonGuy4Life

p.1 #8 · Dell U2410?

Dell U3011 Display. Anyone seen how good first hand? I'm considering getting one

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:30 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password