Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pillow Fight

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Pillow Fight

I've been shooting a lot more personal stuff in large part because of a project that some photographer friends and I are embarking on. Bottom line, as working photographers we dont really turn the camera on our own families. So collectively, we hope to push one another to post personal work. That collection/project can be viewed here: www.familyofphotographers.com

Here are some shots of a pretty epic pillow fight that resulted in some tears and a broken bed:

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:59 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Pillow Fight

I like the motion in these, Chuck. #3 is great, with your middle son's look of terror and Max's look of "I dunno 'bout this, dad".

I cracked up, thinking about Alwin's earlier comment about one kid always being without clothes.

So, did the lego toys on the shelf survive, and did you get in trouble for the broken bed?

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:23 AM
michaelglenn
• •
p.1 #3 · Pillow Fight

I'm usually not a fan of slow shutter shots, but these work great! I love #4. The motion is great, and the expression on the little guy is priceless XD. You really captured that moment perfectly.

Mar 23, 2013 at 03:26 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Pillow Fight

Chuck, that's awesome.

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:16 PM
kmorvant
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Pillow Fight

Very nicely done! Brings back great memories....

Mar 23, 2013 at 01:25 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Pillow Fight

Thanks all!

Michael, can I ask why slow shutter shots dont appeal to you? Just curious. Thanks for the comment.

David, nope, no trouble at all.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:23 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #7 · Pillow Fight

Love these - 3 and 4 are great - especially little dude looking right at us in # 3. He's speechless, witnessing the Pillowpocalypse.

Seeing shots like these makes me look forward to seeing my own sons grow up!

Mar 25, 2013 at 07:00 PM
qwyjibo
• • •
p.1 #8 · Pillow Fight

Love seeing more family work out of you of late. 3 is great Chuck.

Edited to add that the new site/project is great.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM

michaelglenn
• •
p.1 #9 · Pillow Fight

canerino wrote:
Thanks all!

Michael, can I ask why slow shutter shots dont appeal to you? Just curious. Thanks for the comment.

It's not that they don't appeal to me. I prefer it a lot with landscape photography. However, I've seen slow shutter work with portraits that I just haven't found appealing because it didn't add any purpose to the photograph. In this case, however, you pulled off the slow shutter nicely. It adds meaning to the pillow fight, and emphasizes the action taking place. Really solid work

Mar 26, 2013 at 02:39 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Pillow Fight

Thanks guys!

Michael, Thanks for responding. I'm a sucker for effective slow shutter speeds. I really only try to use them to enhance the image. Glad you found this one effective!

Chuck

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Ana Reyes
• • •
p.1 #11 · Pillow Fight

Awesome! Man they're getting big.

Al

Mar 30, 2013 at 04:22 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Pillow Fight

I wouldn't have been able to take these photos. They would be in time out hahaha.

Oh Chuck, if we ever meet, I will teach you about exposure triangle. Your shutter is too slow

Mar 30, 2013 at 04:35 AM
loosh
• •
p.1 #13 · Pillow Fight

#3 just cracks me up.

Mar 31, 2013 at 04:26 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Pillow Fight

they're having fun!

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM
zalmyb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Pillow Fight

im so happy you're posting here more often

I just go with the flow, so my favorite is 3 (though the crooked windows kill me). The shadow on the wall adds a little element of fear. Overall awesome photo, I think the best in a while.

Also the look on the Moose's face in 4 is perfect. A little empathy going on

Mar 31, 2013 at 07:35 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · Pillow Fight

thanks a lot all! #3 is my fav. Z, happy to be posting again as for #4, not sure about empathy though...i think its 'oh crap, that just came so close to my face' and is in between blinks.

Apr 03, 2013 at 04:29 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password