New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My first photoshoot

dpbingham
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My first photoshoot

I'm an amateur just learning - and did my first photoshoot last week - capturing images of my friends and their new baby. I'd love feedback from this community on portrait photography - both technical and composition wise. Thanks!

© dpbingham 2013

Mar 22, 2013 at 05:41 PM
northern nurse
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My first photoshoot

Well I am just an amateur as well but I will give you my thoughts. Overall not bad at all for a first attempt. Nice and sharp, tender moment, I am sure mom will love this. What would make it better in my humble opinion. I am not loving the position of dad's head, I would like it a little more upright. Perhaps if he was behind mom and looking over her shoulder. I guess I would just experiment. The only other nitpick, watch the hand chop, it would be stronger if their hands were included in the shot.
I might also have considered shooting from a slightly different angle to keep the dark tree behind them and avoid the blown out sky. These are just little things, it really is a nice image which I am sure they will love.

Mar 22, 2013 at 07:50 PM
dpbingham
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My first photoshoot

Thank you for the feedback. Agree on cropping the hands... I should have paid more attention. as for the sky, I applied a preset that blew it out a bit... I do like the vintage effect however.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:24 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.