Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · CS6 and Retina Display

MooseDrool

Account locked
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CS6 and Retina Display

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro with the retina display, and after installing CS6, it appears that it is not working properly with the retina display. Menus are pixalated, and pictures do not look sharp when opened in PS. Lightroom seems to be working fine, it is just photoshop. I tried to see if there was any updates available, but the updates option in the menu of PS is grayed out.

Any ideas on how to fix this, it makes photoshop pretty much unusable since everything is blurry.

Thanks,
-Andrew

Mar 22, 2013 at 04:06 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CS6 and Retina Display

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5448
try downloading the update manually.

Mar 22, 2013 at 07:48 AM
RHKFilm

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CS6 and Retina Display

I find retina support lacking as well and use an app called ResolutionTab to change the screen rez to 2880x1800. Then everything renders properly pristinely. It takes a certain type to work at such resolutions as everything is tiny.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM
MooseDrool

Account locked
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CS6 and Retina Display

I tried to update it manually using the link and it tells me that I am not applicable for the update. Really frustrated with all of the text and images in PS looking like crap. Any ideas?

Mar 31, 2013 at 01:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MooseDrool

Account locked
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CS6 and Retina Display

I called adobe and they cannot figure out why when trying to update manually that it says I am not applicable. Basically they were no help at all. Anyone else have any ideas on how I can get the latest update on here so I can start using CS6 on my laptop? I paid a lot of money for the program and to have the updates not work is definitely an issue. For what it's worth, it updated fine on my iMac, which does not have the retina display. I was able to update within the application itself, where as on the MBP, the update option is greyed out.

Apr 04, 2013 at 08:46 AM
Sami Ruusunen
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CS6 and Retina Display

Does your OSX security settings prevent installing the updates from Adobe? My Photoshop upgrade for retina MBP installed without any problems.

Apr 04, 2013 at 08:53 AM
Sami Ruusunen
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · CS6 and Retina Display

Another thing you should check is that your Adobe Application Manager is at its latest version (7.0)

Apr 04, 2013 at 09:02 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password