Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lost in Space (Still Life)

jamesburger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lost in Space (Still Life)

Critiques and comments welcome, hate mail accepted too. Thanks, in advance, for your insights!

Some technical info: 1 sec | F/11 | ISO 50 | 100mm | mix of one strobe and one constant light via some special little gobos I recently DIYed.

Mar 22, 2013 at 02:52 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Lost in Space (Still Life)

"What's wrong Lassie?"
"bark bark bark"
"Timmy's fallen down the well?"
"bark woof bark bark"
"In his Halloween astronaut costume"

Just kidding. Nice inventive constructed image.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:31 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Lost in Space (Still Life)

Creative ... but the colors yellow/green and blue kinda confuse/bug me for some reason ... as I find myself looking at them more than anything else. Any chance you can show your DIY / setup?

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:39 PM
jamesburger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Lost in Space (Still Life)

Thanks AuntiPode. I never saw that episode!

Thanks, RustyBug, I appreciate your taking the time to comment. Your good eye and unexpected insight is exactly the kind that is most helpful.

I don't have much of a photo of this particular DIY set-up, which is still in development, but what I can show you is an out of focus test frame prior to my getting everything set up for the shot that day. At the top, you can see just a hint of the background light, which is a secret sauce of parts normally unrelated to photography. At the left you can see part of the strobe rig, the head of which gets gripped by a nano-clamp and a magic arm and the tail of which runs to a monolight, out of frame. Also not pictured are the little two-inch softboxes I made for this equipment.

Mar 22, 2013 at 09:34 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Lost in Space (Still Life)

Tinkering together set-ups for table-top experimental images is fun! Makes me ask myself why I haven't done it in years. Thanks.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password