Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · New Set of lights? help!

vgrab

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New Set of lights? help!

So im considering buying my girlfriend a new set of studio lights, because the set she currently has is really bad quality and barely works.. She just finished her photography studies and is quite serious about making it as a photographer. I dont want to get her anything that she will have to replace anytime soon. She mainly likes to photograph people either indoors in a studio setting or on various locations. So my question is, If you had no lighting equipment, and you had 1000-1500 Euros, What would you buy ? and why ? I am no expert on lighting so any help will be greatly appreciated ! I was thinking two nice strobes with some mods would be perfect.. and maybe some battery pack or something, but i need advice on specific models/brands etc.

Regards,
Vic

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Lovesong
• • •
p.1 #2 · New Set of lights? help!

For that kind of money, I'd probably start out with something like a BRX500 kit:
http://www.fotopro.es/elinchrom-flash-brx500-p-2959.html

I'm not certain if the 230 Vagabond Mini Lithiums from Paul Buff will work with these, but if so, it would make a good location kit.

Mar 21, 2013 at 02:07 PM
vgrab

p.1 #3 · New Set of lights? help!

thanks for the reply. that looks quite good.. i think i will get two lights but the modifiers separate tho. How many shots does a battery pack like that last for ? also how strong is 500 exactly ? is it enough to shoot in daylight?

Mar 21, 2013 at 06:35 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · New Set of lights? help!

If I were you I would have a conversation with her and listen to what she thinks she wants or would buy if she had the funds. She doesn't have to know you're asking if you have the right kind of conversation. Gear can be kind of a personal preference.

Mar 21, 2013 at 08:21 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password