Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #1 · Just announced: Canon Rebel SL1, T5i & Powershot SX-280 |
Canon just released three new cameras today: The Rebel SL1, the Rebel T5i and the compact Powershot SX-280.
From the specifications alone, the new Rebel T5i is very similar to its predecessor, the Rebel T4i. They both share the same 18MP sensor and similar camera features, but autofocus was improved with a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point.
The new Rebel SL1 has a new sensor and features similar specs when compared to the T5i's, but in a more compact and a lighter body weighting around 175g less. It captures 1 less frames per second in AF continuous mode but both cameras share the new high-precision f/2.8 center point.
From these newly released cameras, the Powershot SX-280, is the first and only one to sport the new DIGIC 6 image processor. It will have a 20x zoom range, Wi-Fi buit-in and Full HD.
Canon Rebel T5i specifications:
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 changes when comparing to the Rebel T5i
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, DIGIC 5 image processor, 14-bit A/D conversion
- 9pt AF, all cross type with a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point (Borrowed from Canon 60D)
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (1,040,000 dots)
- 5 FPS continuous shooting
- Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking
- Flash sync of 1/200 sec
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600)
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) cards.
- Battery LP-E8
- Weights 580g (battery, memory card included)
- Newly developed 18MP APS-C sensor with 14-bit DIGIC 5 processor
- Hybrid CMOS AF II system (with 80% frame coverage)
- 4 fps continuous shooting (instead of 5 fps)
- 3-inch fixed capacitive touch-screen (same as EOS M)
- Continuous autofocus in movie mode with subject tracking
- Creative Filters: Live View preview of image-processing controls
- Battery LP-E12 (instead of LP-E8)
- 25% smaller and 28% lighter: Weighs 407g (instead of 580g)
New EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera: Image Quality and Features into an Ultra-Portable Body
Rebel EOS T5i
Illustration comparing Rebel T4i, SL1 and M